ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

judder since lowering

ph1 clio 172
hi i changed my wheels and lowered my coilovers at the weekend , and yesterday noticed that when i lift off the throttle there is a judder/vibration .
even if i dip the clutch it is still there so dont think its engine related.
i checked the wheels and there doesnt seem to be any play in the ball joint/etc
i did a search but couldnt find anything similar , so any ideas cheers j

172/A4 Tdi
you say when you 'lift off the power' - do you mean it only judders when you come off the gas, or that it's vibrating all the time and you just can't feel it when its under load?

Sounds to me like its an unbalanced wheel. Even a tiny weight difference will cause serious vibrations. Could also try taking your wheels off, and spinning the discs in the calipers to make sure they aren't warped...?

ph1 clio 172
yes mate its fine under power , ill change wheels over tomo (back to front) and see cheers j

ph1 clio 172
hi swapped the drivers front with drivers rear and it seems to have gone , so wheel must be out of balance :)
cheers j