ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Juddering while pulling away???? Anyone had same problem?

BLACK 182
PS its not clutch judder .... had 2 new clutches (no new fly wheels, just clutch) , they seem to think thats what it was but after the new clutch was fitted first time was fine until after a few weeks it started juddering again. They then fitted new clutch again 3 mths later, was spot on at first now judders its pants off when pulling away, very sluggish off the mark presuming its through the judder.

Im a lass and dont know "much" about cars ... yes i admit it i know a bit but havent a clue bout probs like this !

But has anyone else had this prob and also could there be something theyre tightening up when fitting the clutch that could possibly wear loose.

My poor cars driving like a bag of hammers so i would appreciate your constructive comments please!

BLACK 182
If you give it more revs does it still happen? As i get this and I thought it was normal.

Yeah but arent you accelerating through the judder.... i had the opportunity to drive a newer 182 so i could tell the difference but since they had it in last time to fit new clutch honest the difference when i first drove it was unbelievable. But back to normal again!

R35 GTR
If you give it more revs does it still happen? As i get this and I thought it was normal.

Yeah but arent you accelerating through the judder.... i had the opportunity to drive a newer 182 so i could tell the difference but since they had it in last time to fit new clutch honest the difference when i first drove it was unbelievable. But back to normal again!

The judder goes when i put more gas and slip it a little.

111s
Is it a mechanical judder or a miss fire causing hesitation in acceleration? Was the clutch screwed?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
We have a similar problem with our little 1.2. Think the engine/gearbox mount has gone. Just a thought.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i get it on the 1.2 cleared it a bit when i changed the gearbox mount but then 3 weeks later it was back, bushes arnt up to much in these mounts to be honest, trying the k-tec uprated ones this month to see how it goes

BLACK 182
We have a similar problem with our little 1.2. Think the engine/gearbox mount has gone. Just a thought.

Saying that appaerently the gearbox mount was replaced not so long ago on one of its trip back to the dealer ..... hmmm.

I took it into the dealer on sat and they said defo something up with the judder ( not my driving)

ps also its had a new exhaust recently thats vibrating off either a heat shield or something else oh the joys of owning a clio!

do you or someone else that drives the car sit like a pillock wirth their foot on the clutch pedal?

Everytime I get these faults in I go out in the car and theres "mrs I'm a dolly b**ch" sitting resting her foot on the clutch pedal.

do you or someone else that drives the car sit like a pillock wirth their foot on the clutch pedal?

Everytime I get these faults in I go out in the car and theres "mrs I'm a dolly b**ch" sitting resting her foot on the clutch pedal.

Love chris' bluntness with replies, never fails to make me smile, true scotsman lol

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My 172 also does this the same as you describe ,always done it far as i can remember it never seems to get worse .have changed my bottom engine mount and is still there but engine moves much less so seems bit better . Is problem gettin worse or does it stay same has it been the same since you owned it? I drove a newer 182 and that was the same as mine !:S

Clio Cup
Damn I have this clutch judder when pulling away too. What needs to be done? Is it warranty work if the car is still under warranty?