ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a couple of opinions please?

Hey all, my name is Dan, im 19 and live in Dunstable. A good friend of mine (Clio_Craig) recomended me to the site, so i decided to sign up.. Basically ive had my current car for quite a while now and im looking to change the scene a bit and go for something with a bit more style and a bit more speed, Ive always been very fond of the 172, however im a bit unsure to as what I should be looking out for. I have a rough budget of about £4,000 - £5,000, im looking for anything under or around the 50,000 mark on milage because im probably going to keep it for a good couple of years.. In October I shall have 3 years no claims and I am also 20 in December so im wondering wether I should wait till then for a lower insurance quote? Im just wondering what you guys think? Seeing as you all probably know the in's and out's of the Clio's.. Any help would be much appreciated and how far do you think my money will go?

Thanks for your time to read this,
Dan :D

hi there, why dont you try a insurance comparison site like confused.com.
fill in the details of now and your details in the future, and see what the difference is.

LY V6 with Recaros
If you try places like Admiral and Elephant they may be fairly cheap. My other half got a quote on my car through Confused.com and it came back at £3000 the cheapest! When he got a quote himself through Admiral it was £1200! Slight difference!

Welcome to cs by the way :)

im looking for anything under or around the 50,000 mark on milage because im probably going to keep it for a good couple of years..
Milage wouldn't both me at all regardless of how long your going to keep it.

Get some quotes though IMO stick a fake DOB in see what effect it has on prices.

Williams 1
If you try places like Admiral and Elephant they may be fairly cheap. My other half got a quote on my car through Confused.com and it came back at £3000 the cheapest! When he got a quote himself through Admiral it was £1200! Slight difference!

Welcome to cs by the way :)

i have to agree when i get a quote off a price comparison site it always seems double what they quote me if i speak direct. confused.com wont be searching for free so there bound to add there cut on

I avoid price comparison like the plague

Leon Cupra R 225
go for it, just don't pay silly insurance prices, IT'S A CLIO REMEMBER!

and take it easy when you 1st get one, they tear