ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a little introduction....

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Hello all!

So, purchased my Clio 172 coming up to 3 weeks ago after a year of toying between it and a Leon Cupra R. Finally decided on the Clio and am very pleased indeed.

Specs:

Renault Clio RenaultSport 172 Phase 2 53 Plate CB1N
Eibach Pro Springs on Renaultsport dampers
RamAir cold induction kit
Remapped with RStuner 98RON
Climate Control
ABS
Cruise Control

The car is in great condition and was looked after very well by the previous owner (is a member on here...), has the odd stone chip on the front bumper and bonnet but i can't really complain for a car 10 years old.

But yes after doing a bit of snooping around it may seem that i am blessed? with one of the later models with cruise control, although this does not work but I am currently investigating this.
Also upon discovery at the fact the car is not alarmed due to it being an import, iv'e been searching around for the genuine cat 2:1 kit and when i look at the oval sticker/plate i realise it is a CB1N, which leads me to the question as to whether the CB1N is a cup or is the CB1NSPL the cup? As it is noted numerous times on here that the CB1N is a cup model....

But so far everyone seems really helpful on the forum and proves to be really helpful so thanks all. (And i will be getting full membership as well)

Darren

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
CB1N is the code for all 172 ph2. its the 2 numbers after iirc that mean that it is.
​you havent got a cup though as they dont have cruise.

172 Cup
I think CC is possible on a Cup, whether it was ever an option, as AC was on some of the last, I don't know but it might be fairly straightforward to fit to a Cup.
What tells me yours is not a Cup is the ABS.

Other clues:
Cup has red lens on high level brake light, FF is clear (I think!)
Cup has little black front splitter.
Cup has (usually?) the Turini (best) wheels.
Cup has Halogen lights with no washers.
Cup has no-leather seats.

But anyway at least you will save money on chiropractor and not pass out from heat.

Welcome to club :)

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Thanks, guys!
Yeah confirmed its not a cup by the presences of a full size alloy spare!

Next job is to get my hands on a RSTuner, change the induction kit and get to some meets!

172 Cup
Never mind that, get your cc fixed first :p
Be weary of induction kits, from what I hear they're mostly snake oil (somewhere there's a test showing various kits doing sfa at best) and I your best bet is a standard airbox with aftermarket filter or an Espace V6 airbox. I could be wrong though. Course there's always ITBs.

I reckon mine will be going to standard airbox or spacey airbox soon. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes to the noise.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Haha, well the cruise control issue i think may be from the infamous 98RON map(without CC) which wipes it from the ecu so want to remap with the original (which the previous owner emailed me today), see if it works then and then if it works get the correct map from the guys at fastchip.

Went to do away with the induction & put the original airbox in sunday but the cool air feeds are in bits so need new ones, but also on the hunt for a phase 1 or V6 box as i read the same post saying they're slightly better. Had to move the Ram kit closer to the engine sunday as the rubber is knakkered and really feel the difference now with it taking warmer air in so will be interesting when i get the original box back on.