ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just a Worrying Question

How many garages actually take your car out for a thrash after they have done some work on it and more worryingly thrash it when its cold???

Loads and i know that cos my boyfriend works for VW and used to work for mitsubishi lol!!

lots of evos and R32s lol!!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I always record the mileage, then write it on a post-it note and stick it over the speedo. I tell the service manager before I leave as well.

Never had a problem yet, unless the swines clock it back afterwards.:eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Mine has a very clever gizmo fitted.

they aint gonna do sh*t.

Mate of mine used to work for toyota and used to take them out all the time, hes f**ked the front suspension when "road testing" a Celica GT4 before something about spinning it and hitting a curb!

ha, this happened to me actually, a girl i know knows the mechanic that worked on my car!! any way we both happened to have our cars in for repair at the same time. Mine was finished so the cheeky git took her home in my car. I only fornd this out on sat. This one just gone, when i went to see her bro. She said hahaha i went home in your car! Cheeky buggers hey. she said all he did was slate my car all the way home. Though he did say how quick it felt. I didnt mind really as they sort my car out alot for very good prices. and the girl happens to be my best mates sister

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by phil6180 on 17 February 2004

Good thinking, what if they told you they needed to test drive it after fitting the part?
I always ask. If they say theres a test drive, I go with them. Nobody touches my cars.

I hate the fact that these knobbers just take peoples cars out. There stealing technically. Taking Without Owners Consent, TWOCing.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH:mad: :mad: :mad:

The next time i go back to a garage... especially renualt im watching them every second they have it!

I left em for 30 minutes last time and i nearly needed a new sump cos of the bloody muppets :mad:

Trackers are cool - yaknow, the ones where you can tell them to ring ya if it moves...

Ring them up when ya drop it off - and get them to ring ya if ya car moves more than so far.. when it does, drive down.. and wait for it to come back with the Service Manager.. HEH!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

they can disconnect ya speedo cable, which is normally connected to the mileage....

had a m8 and his dad ahd some bmw, he took it in for a service, and got a curtosy (sp) car, was out shopping on way back to pick up he car, he looks to his side sees his car sat next to him with 2 mechanics in it smokeing and the sterio on!

needless to say he got free service, free valet and a full tank of fuel also a guarantee that if ne thing else went wrong within 100 miles it would be replaced free...

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 17 February 2004

what could u do if they have taken it out for a run then?(ie a not needed "run"
Its happened to me once, strangely enough with my old 172. After its first service, I checked the paper work and there was no test drive scheduled, yet the car had gain 10 miles.

Went back in and played fcuk with them. I wouldnt leave till Id spoken with the mechanic responsible and asked him why he had taken my car out without my permision. He just shrugged and looked at the service manager.

Coward.

If I still have the V6 when its service is due, I plan to spend the day at Renault.