ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just a yes or no please

RB 182 + Cup pack
so my RB 182 is in for a full respray to get it looking fresh again (being done same color). the guy at the shop has asked if id like my grill top and bottom and fog surrounds doing gloss black because they have faded somewhat now. do they look alright when done or just s**t?
thanks

I find gloss painted parts can look a bit tacky. Those are quite big parts of the car, so may not look that good. But I've never seen it done in person so couldnt say for sure.

Personally I would just keep it standard.

I have my upper grill done in Satin Black and I think it looks brilliant, really tidies up the front end, but retains a very OEM look.

Gloss is too shiney and will look a bit tacky as Dan said.

RB 182 + Cup pack
I have my upper grill done in Satin Black and I think it looks brilliant, really tidies up the front end, but retains a very OEM look.

Gloss is too shiney and will look a bit tacky as Dan said.

ok great thanks for that ill ask him to do it satin black :)
i was worried it would look tacky as iv never seen it in person before

I have some pictures of it in my project thread, I would link you but I'm on my phone so I can't.

Ask to see a sample first, you want to be sure you're going to like it before he just starts spraying evrrything!

RB 182 + Cup pack
I have some pictures of it in my project thread, I would link you but I'm on my phone so I can't.

Ask to see a sample first, you want to be sure you're going to like it before he just starts spraying evrrything!

if you get chance later on could you PM me a link so i can have a look, mine really need something doing im putting stuff on them every couple of days to keep them dark they have faded so much and make the front of the car look so different.