ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just another gearbox oil thred...

Ckio Sport, 9-5 Aero
shuld i buy
Elf Tranself NFP 75w-80
or
Elf Tranself NFJ 75w-80
or
Motul Motylgear 75W - 80
or none of them?...

its for my Clio 172 ph1

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
just been to the gearbox re-con guy, he's been rebuilding boxes for along time and says to use cheap tesco semi-synth 5W 40 to stop the synchro's busting as they need the friction whats that all about!!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
just been to the gearbox re-con guy, he's been rebuilding boxes for along time and says to use cheap tesco semi-synth 5W 40 to stop the synchro's busting as they need the friction whats that all about!!!

get a different gearbox guy

​I use NFJ

Clio 172 Cup
not according to my documentation

attachment.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
The NFJ is specifically designed for Renault J series boxes EG. JC5, however the face values are pretty much identical so it won't make any difference. I use NFP 75w-80 and its perfect.

172 Cup
The NFJ is specifically designed for Renault J series boxes EG. JC5, however the face values are pretty much identical so it won't make any difference. I use NFP 75w-80 and its perfect.

Seconded! I used NFP by mistake but have had no troubles whatsoever, and if anything the gear selection is better than before. Maybe Opie Oils (or anyone else in the know) can shed some light on any particular differences between the two!

I though NFP was older and NFJ superseded it.

As someone who has used a multitude of oils in the JC5 box (ATF, 75-90 castrol epx 75/80, gl80 way to thick) in various cars i would just stick the NFJ or NFP it works the best, 3 litres is enough.