ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been and test drove a 172

Audi TT 3.2 V6
and now i want one :(

but cant really hand on heart afford one. glad ive finally seen 1st hand the much talked about 5k kick

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i remember my first 172 drive...

i bought one the next month! :approve:

what is it that you can't afford? is it the insurance that's the killer?

172 Cup (Iceberg)
The ultimate seduction. Going for a test drive in a car you can't afford. Now it is going to eat away at you until you finally give in and go and buy one!

J

JACKO CUP 172!

when i got my first cup i could not afford it but after the test drive i had to have one absoultly loved it..

Audi TT 3.2 V6
nah insurance is fine. £950 for 12months, paying £780 on my 1.2 atm.

atm i think my car is worth around £2.9k, owe about 3.3kon my loan iirc. and new car is approx 5800 and will need a cambelt in 12months.

Clio 172
I only went for a test drive in the 172 to pass time before my next car test drive appointment. I ended up walking away with the keys :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yeah, but i like to be able to afford to do stuff as well as have a nice car. need to work the figures out really. car i drove today was silver...and i have a silver car already . wouldnt mind a flame red tbh

FF Blackgold 182
When I tested the 182, I knew I had to get one. Then a few months later she was mine. You won't regret it mate, until the bills start coming in that is!;)

BMW M135i
This is why i've witheld myself from trying one before I can get reasonable insurance on one, otherwise I know i'll end up buying it and paying through the arse for insurance.

106 GTi
When I tested the 182, I knew I had to get one. Then a few months later she was mine. You won't regret it mate, until the bills start coming in that is!;)

what is it that you can't afford? is it the insurance that's the killer?

I know these feelings - A trip noseing around in the local dealers for me followed by a test drive the weekend after, led very quickly (2 days to mull it over) to an order being placed for mine!

black/gold 182 cup
Do it mate,before i bought my 182 i was working offshore speaking 2 a guy that had one,when i got home i was casually passing a garage in my saxo vtr and seen this black/gold 182 sitting in the forecourt so i went in and within a day i had my 182 bloody chuffed i was :)

Shed.
i remember asking this, can i afford one. Takes a whike to realise that i really cant. Cant afford, but is possible to run. Its a car. Thats all it is. Even if it is amazing....

clio 172 cup
thats the reason i have to sell my evo 5 only had it 4 months and its cost me 2000 quid so far on bits and running costs not including the insurance
insurance was 800 a year fully comp group 20.
38 pound to fill the tank with optimax and only 190 miles taking it easy

LY V6 with Recaros
I know how you feel, I'm in the situation with the vee...desperately want one now, could do it, but I'd struggle, so seems silly when I could just wait until next year and buy one easily. But it does keep eating away at you!

I remember test driving mine, was so shiney an felt really so different to my dymanique, I remember when I set off home in my 1.2 I thought I had her in second lol. Still miss my 1.2 though, was a great first car.

172 Race Car
When I tested the 182, I knew I had to get one. Then a few months later she was mine.

Then i had a go in it and one month later bought a 172 of my very own......:approve:

How about a ph_quick they can be had quite cheep nowdays, alot less than 5k. Red is rare tho.

I'm new to the forum as I'm Cup shopping at the moment - know what you mean about being taken by the first drive though; they're v impressive!

Think you've hit upon something with the cambelt; the '02 cars will all be due an expensive replacement within the next six months.

It's always tempting to dive into these things but, if money's tight, it might be interesting to see how prices are affected within the next six months or so.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
tbh as much as id like a 172 i think "ph quicks" are ph-phugly. really not into them at all. if i cant afford a 172 mk2 id rather stick with my 1.2 mk2 ph2

^i wont be diving into anything, if i cant afford one now ill save up £500 or so and see how we look then, £500 is a small amount but could make all the difference tbh

172 Race Car
Thats why i bought a ph2. ph1 = ph-ugly. but growing on me

DSCF0447edit.gif

Flame red all the way man!

Get saving!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
im soooo jelous.

love flame red. how much did it set u back if u dont mind me asking? it had the cambelt etc changed?

172 Race Car
Its stunning when clean, once lol. cash price would of been about 5.5k but traded in my old shed that didnt owe me much so got a good deal. I did the cambelt and aux belt change a few weeks ago myself. one owner 47k. few dings but im not that worried. Haven't driven it for about two weeks the exhaust fell off and waititng for new one.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I remember my first drive of a 172, drove all the way from Torbay to Bournemouth to test drive one at a dealer.

That was on a Saturday, then drove all the way to Southampton from Torbay the next day to buy one advertised on here :)

glad ive finally seen 1st hand the much talked about 5k kick
:approve:

tbh as much as id like a 172 i think "ph quicks" are ph-phugly. really not into them at all. if i cant afford a 172 mk2 id rather stick with my 1.2 mk2 ph2

I'm in similar thoughts about the vee. I probably could afford to have a vee, but I really don't like the ph1 front-end, so I think I'll wait till I pay off the 172 (15/16 months left) and wait for the ph2's to come down in price. Having said that I don't think I'll keep it long anyway, just have it for 6-months to get it out of my system.

Shed.

^i wont be diving into anything, if i cant afford one now ill save up £500 or so and see how we look then, £500 is a small amount but could make all the difference tbh

yeah. I prefer the ph2 over the ph1. Interior is the biggest factor. Granted though, the phquick is very nice, and faster i believe.

Clio 172 mk2
:approve:

I'm in similar thoughts about the vee. I probably could afford to have a vee, but I really don't like the ph1 front-end, so I think I'll wait till I pay off the 172 (15/16 months left) and wait for the ph2's to come down in price. Having said that I don't think I'll keep it long anyway, just have it for 6-months to get it out of my system.

Has to be done sometimes.....at least you can say you've owned one :D