ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been in for my bonnet catch

visualize whirled pe
I got the recall letter about 2 weeks ago so I thought while I was in Renault picking up a touch up pen I'd ask about them having a look at the latch to get it signed off with Renault (for any future owners peace of mind) regardless of the fact that i spray the catch every couple of months myself anyway.

Job done in less than 5 minutes.
The service manager just looked at the catch sprayed a bit more grease on there and logged it on the Renault computer then stamped my letter. They were quite friendly and happy to assist too considerng I didn't book an appointment.
It was Renault Platinum in Bath.

Lee

BMW M2C
I had mine done yesterday. They also adjusted my boot lid and carried out a 25 point check.

185lb/ft dCi
you don't need to book an appointment, just go in and hand them the letter. I got mind done a few weeks back while i picked up my grille.

I got mine done too a few days ago, I didn't have the letter or an appointment but I was passing so I thought i would give it a shot. I haven't actually opened the bonnet since but I assume all was ok as they signed me off.

visualize whirled pe
^^^ I'm not sure, just pop in but he did ask me to see my letter and then stamped it for me. Tbh he could trace your car through the computer database and then amend the details of the recall on your car to say it's been inspected, maybe ask for a photocopy of the job sheet to put in the file.
They trace the cars through the DVLA so it could take a while for you to receive a letter, it could have even been lost in the post.