ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been offered a straight swap (Ignis Sport content)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My mate who also owns a Ignis Sport needs to sell his car to make way for a larger 4 door car, as his wife is expecting.

He doesn't want to sell his mods separately, so was planning on part exchanging the car with the mods still on the car. Just chatted to him, and he has offered to swap my red Ignis Sport for his yellow Ignis Sport.

His is a 53 plate, 42,000 miles, Yellow, Induction kit, Suzuki air box, Gaz coil overs, stainless steel exhaust, strut brace, suzuki sport alloy pedals, suzuki sport gear knob and 16 inch rotas.

And mine is 04 plate, 40900 miles, Red, Induction kit.

He's offering me a straight swap, however, i am tempted, but can't bring myself to having a yellow car, i've never liked yellow cars, and i love my red one! What do u guys think??

His
26170_379390211945_556886945_4313313_2964666_n.jpg

Mine
29852_532915683397_285600865_1752138_4730347_n.jpg

I'm more inclined to reject the offer, and save for a set of coilies or lowering springs if i'm desparate..

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
If you don't like the colour it's pretty simple.

Just swap all the mods over and give him the required cash IF you want those mods.

Twingo RS Cup
I love yellow so i would do it, plus the mods on his seem decent. Would he not just give you the car for a day and swap all the bits over and give him abit of cash?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I love yellow so i would do it, plus the mods on his seem decent. Would he not just give you the car for a day and swap all the bits over and give him abit of cash?

The only mods that i would take off him would be the coilovers and the strut brace maybe.. the others i'm not fussed about.

He wants my car to part ex rather than his is because mine is newer, and will get more money for it. TBH i don't think he will get a lot more. Right?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Keep yours, the difference on trade in would be about a pint tbh. So offer him a pint for the coilies and you'll swap them over before he trades it in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I despise yellow cars, think they look complete bobbins.

BUT!! I actually quite like that one! Looks quite nice.

DCi 100
I really like both of them lol. The white wheels look ace though.

No chance of you picking afew bits, swapping them with your standard parts?

M2 Competition
Suzuki air box, Gaz coil overs, stainless steel exhaust, strut brace, suzuki sport alloy pedals, suzuki sport gear knob and 16 inch rotas.

Ask to swap these bits, do the work and take 100 quid for his troubles. He gets standard parts out of it, you get the mods that he'll get no extra for, everyones a winner.

The wheels would look AWESOME on yours (in dark grey again possibly... ), plus has a much better stance to it.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sure there isnt something up with his one?

What I was thinking.

TBH I think his looks quite good but unless you 100% trust him and that it's as well kept as yours, I'd be a bit iffy about swapping and go for all his mods instead.

Think white wheels would look good on yours, esp on coilies.

I'd be wanting to swap the mods, but in reality he'll want too much doing it that way.

So then I'd think about how it's been driven and if it's in generally the same condition. If so I'd swap, 53 vs 04 and 2k miles in it? Lol price will be the same!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I prefer the yellow one - it looks less like postman pat's van in that colour.

Also think the wheels on the yellow one look better - gives the car a better 'stance'.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I prefer the yellow one - it looks less like postman pat's van in that colour.

Also think the wheels on the yellow one look better - gives the car a better 'stance'.

Yeah, the wheels on the yellow one are wider, whereas the one on mine (standard ones) are thin.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Id swop for the yellow one tbh.

Neither car is a looker, at all. So the modifications would enhance the drive & sell it to me.

That & the fact that the parts are worth a good grand i assume, so if you dont like them, sell them, put back to standard & be quids in.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner imho.

Yeah I would do it, looks smart the yellow one. The wheels on the red one are a joke!? Are they 5" wide?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Great 'fun' little cars, but hideous looking. I'd go for the yellow one on spec! Then probably get the wheels done anthracite/black.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
An Ignis is a horrible looking thing at the best of times...But a yellow one...Deary me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No way would I be swapping! You're not imo exactly winning out of it.

Yours is lovely.

Grey on red looks fantastic.