ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been on track in the 197

Renault 182
Due to the new launch of 197 my renault dealer sent me a letter asking if I wanted to attend the 3 sisters race circuit and drive the 197 on track in a view to upgrading from my 182, be rude not to say no. So off I went to night.

You only got 5 laps, but it was free and you got to test out the new cliosport which isnt a bad thing.

First lap the instructor on hand showed you through the lines/braking points etc then off you went for 3 laps. then you changed over and he showed you how to do it so to speak

They had 3 cliosports at the event, all brand new...I was disappointed with the engine, seem to have no grunt at all..I will give it the benefit of the doubt as it was brand new.
The car held its own very stable hard to get it out of shape. With the handling you could feel the extra weight, you turned in, tyres gipped fine but the body just wanted to keep on going if you know what I mean, bit rolly. Hopefully a cup version with sort that out.

The best part are the brakes...the brembo's really make a different compared to the 182.

In my opinion not a bad car, but not worth the upgrade from the 182

I hung around for a bit after and the dealers had their own cars their so I got a ride in a meg trophy...if I was going to part with my money that would be the car for me..really good car and the extra power was nice. Blew the 197 away and they are similar price now.

I got one of the race instructors to take my own personal 182 out and he thought thatit was a better car to the 197, however he said to wait for the cup version.

All in all a good wednesday night out, cracking idea from the dealer for once.

plenty of other cliosports their anyone from here???

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice review . I had an invite from Kitchens as well , couldn't be arsed to go , lol .

Nice one about the instructor liking your 182 better ;)

Renault 5 1.8 16V
rory182 said:
i think the engine will be very tight still, but nice review.

still wont touch one! lol

Leave it a year of so and they will tumble in price, or buy/keep a 182 add brake upgrade and superchip and have a very big smile on your face

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Saw a blue 197 in my rear view mirror, SHE turned off, so i did a 3-point in the road, and chased after her. I'm sure he was 'testing' it, as he didn't jumo at the challenge. Glued to the diffuser, but then again, my 182 is opened up very nicely..

Nice review though, but i'll keep my 182 until a cup version comes along!

Tyson.