ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been scammed!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST
Ive sent the phone to a jacked account, had good feedback and everythin so i sent it, just this minute got a email off ebay saying they have removed the item due to a hacked account!!! WTF, now it will be removed from my paypal!! proper pissed off, can i get the cost of the item back?? thanks

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Lotus Elise 111R
Unsure, depends whose account the money went into, a hacked account or yours....get onto ebay, probably a link in the email you have had

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
Cancel your bank account to paypal. I've done it before.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST
th money is sat into my account, ive sent the phone to the hacked account, so paypal will prob take the money and im left 200 quid down and no phone

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ Quickly transfer it to your bank, delete anything from paypal to do with cards, try closing your paypal account and cancel any transactions to paypal through your bank.

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  Clio Sport 182
its better than losing it !! my mate got done by one of these lost 250 and a psp !!! paypal took the money back from his account and made him owe them. as stated in the terms and condition's etc etc

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  VX220 lightning
ive had this done to me before... paypal is a fu**er... The money isnt really yours until its in your bank account (i.e. any money in your paypal account they can take). I therefore wait until that money transfers into my own account. (not that this helps your situation).

If you followed proper ebay proceedures (i.e. the hacker bought it through "buy it now", or the auction ended) then you should be entitled to you money, providing you can prove that you actually sent the item (recorded delivery for example). You will be looking at months before you see the money though me thinks. If you ended the auction prematurely then your f**k*ed.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's not that easy! Paypal employ bailiffs who will pursue you to the end. They still have your details, address, bank details, etc do you really think they will give up that easy.
As I said before, spend a few minutes on Ebay's Q&A forum and ask the question. At least you will get the right answer, not what someone thinks is right.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ Quickly transfer it to your bank, delete anything from paypal to do with cards, try closing your paypal account and cancel any transactions to paypal through your bank.

By the way, you cannot "quickly" transfer it back to your bank account - it takes at least five days and in the meantime, Paypal will freeze your account so you can't do it anyway.
Ring Paypal 08707 307 191 (8am to 10pm) and do it the correct way.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But if Paypal freeze your account, you won't be able to get at that money anyway. For goodness sake, get some advice like I suggested. Pulling the blanket over your head will not make this go away!
Yes, you are the victim but someone might have been there before and can offer advice. If you do ignore this, come back on later, in a month or so and tell us how you got on. I think you are about to get a shock!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST
lol doug, as stated yesterday ive closed all the account and removed my details! that is done now, if they want to persue it they can do.

Also i find ALL ebay and paypal customer service and online help a utter load of shite!! just tried the forum and again....shite.

it only seems to pick up people who have had there account hacked not the other way around like my situation.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mate. Hope you're right. Paypal can be ruthless when they want to. I know it seems so unfair when you are the person who has been scammed. Surprised the Q&A board didn't offer some advice.
Be interested in how you get on. Been a seller/buyer for a few years now on there and fortunately have yet to be scammed! You have to be so careful, the bar stewards are getting cleverer and cleverer.
Good luck
Doug

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST
Yea this is the first time ive been scammed as well, but funny enough last week someone tried to buy another phone via a hacked account but i didnt send due to low feedback, im just gunna use the old conventional send a chq way.

ill let you know how i get on

thanks for the advice tho

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Shhh
Right..

Paypal may reverse the payment to your account, your Paypal account wont be closed and it will go into a negative balance. They will contact you asking for you to clear the negative balance.

Now at this point you have 2 choices..

a) Pay the balance and be done with it.
b) Ignore them.

If you take option b), they will pass the debt to the courts, they will go for a CCJ and then employ a bailif to come to your house and take your stuff.

Probably by the time it gets to this point, it will be 6-7months on and the charge will have gone from £200 up to about £330 etc.

Its your life, its up to you.

Or you can ring them now, and ask them what you can do. But the truth is that you have been scammed and there is nothing you can do about it.

What was the postal address? Did it look dodgy, how about the emails.

Day

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Am i getting this right?

Say I've had my account compromised, I've lost funds that you now have and now you won't co-operate with paypal to get my money back?

I should be angry too right?

Another reason to avoid eBay...