ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been to Renault and...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

They have said the following about my car:

1. The knocking brake noise is actually caused by the brake bias thingy bob and is quite normal for non-ABS cars (so they say), and not the brake limiter valve as some members have said. Maybe were talking about a different noise??

2. They are going to do the front strut suspension thingy wotsit next monday under warranty!

The other 2 things, rattly drivers window and airbag+service light coming on didnt surfice on the test drive but they guy did note it and down and said they would take a look if it comes back!

They were actually really nice, apologising for delays and so forth.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Airbag and SERV lights are caused by the wires to the seatbelt pretensioners being loose. Its usually the ones under the passenger seat, but get them to do the drivers side too.

Suzuki SV1000S

Well interesting you should say that Si. They changed my brake valve limiter last week because they said a new one had been made as alot of the cup had this problem. Now the brakes are much better but the noise is still there. So get them to check the limiter on a new clio and if it aint the same get them to change it for the new part.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Hi mike, Yeah I spoke to George16v last night, whislt wrestling with silver tape, upside down on the phone. LOL. if the nieghbours have seen.. oh dear!!

He told me how to rectify the prob, but Im gonna get them to check out and be on the safe side. - Incidently, I called Renault on Friday and raised this with them, saying I was concerned about driving it over 200 miles home. Had to leave a message cos they were busy, left 2 numbers.... still waiting for them to call back. :cry:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 06 October 2003

1. The knocking brake noise is actually caused by the brake bias thingy bob and is quite normal for non-ABS cars (so they say), and not the brake limiter valve as some members have said. Maybe were talking about a different noise??
Yeah, it is apparently normal to make a noise...

Mine makes that clucking noise, even though its only a couple of months old and has done from new, I even got them to check ACTIS against my reg and mine was clear, so the newer cars are sorted it seems!?

Had the brakes checked too and all is fine.

Suzuki SV1000S

That is the usual though isnt it mate, Receptionists just try to fob you of for a while until you have to ring back again

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Not sure if youre being sarcastic rich, but maybe the noise I get is not the same as other members have described?!

The guy at Renault says its not a problem, in fact I had him under the car, and the noise comes from somewhere between both wheels, not actually right by the brakes.

Suzuki SV1000S

The brake valve limiter is not attached to the brakes it is between them. It is located just infront of the spare wheel bit. That is what they changed on mine. only one part.

Golf GTTDI 130PD

I hate renault with a passion. I had a problem with my cv joint making a really bad warble and so they changed the CV joint, Brake pads, and wheelbearing.....................ON THE WRONG SIDE. They refused to put it right for free unless I returned the car to standard and therefore after 2 words 2nd one ending in OFF I lost over £300.

I went to my little village garage, they changed the CV joint on the other side which cost me less than £200. They said there was no way renault should have not checked the other side as the CV joint was leaking gunk EVERYWHERE!!!

Renault are bent, the wanna charge me £447 just for labour to change the cambelt.

I just found out Renault is actually an anogram for w**kers...if u look hard enuff, u can just about spot it ;)