ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just been to see a cup

iceberg 172
just been to see a cup its up at 4.5k, i get sum money off my dad next week so ill have more than enuff. all my mates are saying get a type r and its french crap but i realy wont 1 lol. just pray to god its still there on wensday next week. they had one over the weekend not a cup tho just a full fat, went in 2 days. its got a full service history and 50k on the clock how does it sound for the money. body work it tip top

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dealers I take it? Its a bit dear, but if its mint and its what you're after, go for it!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
IF the belts have been done then the most id pay for it is £3800.

Especially seeing as 182's can now be had for sub 5k

iceberg 172
not a dealer of sutch its trade if thats wot you mean. wasnt open when i went so not asked bout the belt that would be the first thing i check. i thought it was a bit pricey but ill try and nock him down. its on a 52 i think. just hope its still there next week. also goona try and get a year warrenty on it to.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You wont be able to check if the belt has been done by looking.

Unless there is a receipt and a stamped book i really wouldnt bother unless he takes £500 off of it on the spot

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
4.5k does seem steep for a 52 plate, I paid 3.5k for mine, 52 plate 172 and it really is mint.

I'd say 4k is the maximum I'd want to pay for that year aslong as its a total minter.

iceberg 172
yea thats what i wanted to ask him if hes got receipts for it. its say it has a full s/h but just wont to know, but you guys telling me i can get 1 cheaper that would be good. its just traveling but surpose i can spend some money on it if i looked hard and am patient

iceberg 172
not sure on engine as yet like i said the garage was closed just had a look around. obviously i wont get it if the engines foooked not even sure if ill be getting this 1 yet. just nice to hear your views so i know what to looking for.

iceberg 172
whent for a visit today the belts have been done 4k ago and has a full stamped book. hasa cig burn in the seat he said i wont notice when hes finished with it. dont get how hes gonna do that. anyways im gonna hold it out and wate till i get my money next week and bide my time. just dont get how hes gonna sort the seat lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A DECENT Cup will cost you 4k. Talking under 50k, all belts fsh standard with A1 bodywork.

iceberg 172
kwl so 4.5k is well to steep just going to wate till next week to have my money in my acount then look out for a decent 1

MG B roadster/172 cup
But remember that is his advertised price! If it is exactly what you want, has had belts done fsh etc, then at least have a go at knocking him down! I've never seen a second car garage that won't budge from the advertised price. But before you even mention price get the details of the deal first, any warranty, floor matts, tax etc, push for everything you want then offer him £3.5k and as he pushes you up explain the market, or even print off the glass guide, i'm sure that'll state £4kish for the car you described.

Anyway good luck with it, and good luck getting a cup, great fun!

Clio 172 Cup
Ive got a cup for sale on Pistonheads at the moment at a very resonable price. Pm for the link.

HR coils
OMP strut brace
Hill power filter
Custom built exhaust and decat
B&M Short shift

Last edited:
  BMW M Lite
But remember that is his advertised price! If it is exactly what you want, has had belts done fsh etc, then at least have a go at knocking him down! I've never seen a second car garage that won't budge from the advertised price. But before you even mention price get the details of the deal first, any warranty, floor matts, tax etc, push for everything you want then offer him £3.5k and as he pushes you up explain the market, or even print off the glass guide, i'm sure that'll state £4kish for the car you described.

Anyway good luck with it, and good luck getting a cup, great fun!

+ 1

iceberg 172
well just been for another look i noticed the side skirt wasnt flush with the sill all the way along. looks like the sill is dinted so must have had a new skirt on so al pass on this 1. also another guy lookin at a bmw came over he said dont buy a clio there uncomfatble as fook. i was like yh ive got 1 lol, oryt and walked off lol