ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just been towed back :(

Pearl Black 172
Hi All, just had the RAC tow me back.
Was slowing down at a junction, changed down and car shuddered and lost power (almost trying to stall). Dropped down to 2nd pulled over and as i did so power died.
Would nt start, no warning lights etc. RAC guy suspected cam belt but could see cam turning?
Checked fuel, power, ignition etc and all is fine. Could nt get anything worth while on his laptop.
So i now have the car back at home and a RAc assistant report which states ''Cut out / non start
Suspect cambelt jumped etc / failure
Further assistance required''

So i now after recomendations of garages around this area (hartlebury / kidderminster) that i could gte to look at it.

If it has 'jumped' what are the possible outcomes?

Lionel Richie
hum, has it had a cambelt change in the past? if it has how long ago? can you see the aux belt? any burning smells? did the PAS still work when the engine was running?

any lights on dash?

sounds a bit odd, but don't panic too much, if the cams are turning that's a good sign (how could you see that?)

i'm in brum, can pop over and cast an eye if you want?

Pearl Black 172
RAc chap said cam was turning, shone torch in oil cap i think i was sat in the car.
Really was dark, its not had a cambelt change and oddly enough i emailed you over the weekend to get a price.
Not sure where to look for the Aux belt, no burning smells and PAS was working.

No lights on dash, however i did have the engine symbol light up before we came to a stop and now the SERV light comes on whe ignition is turned

Lionel Richie
sods law eh! if the cam/s are turning then that's a good thing! (but don't keep trying!)

you about on fri/sat?

Pearl Black 172
Fiday im at work but could possibly finish at lunch to be available in the afternoon or saturday, i should be around most of the day