ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a bridge camera

tiTTy & SV650
I've just bought a Fuji Finepix s1900 super zoom camera to see how I take to photography, didn't want to go all out and get an expensive DSLR just yet.

So far I'm impressed it's got manual settings to get the hang of and I've discovered I can get filters / wide angle lenses etc for it too.

I shall report back with some pics for advice in the near future.

tiTTy & SV650
only pics I've taken with it so far were yesterday evening at my folks, all using auto settings

Ivy taken through a window at full zoom:

DSCF0010.jpg

Squirrel taken through a windown at full zoom:

DSCF0016.jpg

Flower taken indoors on macro mode:

DSCF0009.jpg

Some very quick snaps taken whilst playing around with the menus. Will dabble properly when get a chance.

tiTTy & SV650
Went for a couple of days driving and took lots of pics, sadly the weather was pretty poor.

I didn't have a tripod either, due to the breath taking views I took loads of panoramic shots:

Fishing boat at Oban harbour:
DSCF0235.jpg

A gull not enjoying the weather:
DSCF0232.jpg

Unsure if this is a wreck or not:
DSCF0155.jpg

The Corran Ferry:
DSCF0152.jpg

Panoramas:

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0163.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

tiTTy & SV650
Playing about in low light with it earlier on aperture priority, pretty happy with the results. Looking forward to guy fawkes night to mess about with it.

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0260.jpg

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I like the panoramas you have there. Nice.

You happy with it then? I had the s9500 a couple of years ago, like you, bought it before plunging in to the DSLR market.
Now have Nikon D80 and few lenses - wouldn't be without it.

tiTTy & SV650
Cheers, yeah its teaching me the basics and the pictures it can produce are of a good quality. I'm happy with it, no doubt one day I'll go for a DSLR but more than happy with this for the £120 I paid.

tiTTy & SV650
Bought a gorillapod today too, off to Williams F1 next Sunday so hope to put it to good use looking at the private collection of Williams F1 cars

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Bought a gorillapod today too, off to Williams F1 next Sunday so hope to put it to good use looking at the private collection of Williams F1 cars

Sounds good. :cool:
Is this an invite thing or can you go to Williams F1 whenever and just pay and go in?

tiTTy & SV650
They host race days, pay £100 to be catered for drive an f1 simulator, watch the Brazilian GP in this instance on big screen with feeds from the pits and guests like Jackie Stewart conference calling us, something different!