ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a clio! Advice needed pls

ph quick
So ive bought myself a clio... Its a 2001X 172 in silver

Has a few mods but also came with all the original parts too, ive put the original wheels back on and the rear lights.

The car has been superchipped/remapped with a sports cat, K&N kit and scorpion exhaust.

Would it be ok to remove the K&N and refit the original airbox or is it worth keeping? I'd heard they they werent really worth having...

Also have the original exhaust, would it be ok to run this as i think id rather have a stealth one thats a bit quieter?

Anyone want some original renault boutique clear rear lights boxed?

cock mobile.
I'd recommended sticking back in the original airbox and then putting in a decent panel filter, such as an ITG.

Not sure on the quality of the scorpion exhaust, but I think they are relatively cheap and rubbish?! So putting the standard item back on should have no downside, just quieter etc :)

PS. Stick up a for sale thread for the lights, someone will want them.

ph quick
Would the standard exhaust go onto the new cat? I have the original cat also witht he standard exhaust...

Would it still run/perform ok if i changed the exhaust for another ss one, someone said it wouldnt if its been mapped for the one thats on it

Cheers

cock mobile.
Would the standard exhaust go onto the new cat? I have the original cat also witht he standard exhaust...

Would it still run/perform ok if i changed the exhaust for another ss one, someone said it wouldnt if its been mapped for the one thats on it

Cheers

Where was the map done? I'd have a guess it's a standard map, so shouldn't matter much.

Usually the standard exhaust would fit onto the sport cat fine.

ph quick
Oh yeah i know they are crap, thought i could put it on whilst selling the other one then get one that doesnt stick out
and is a bit quieter, wasnt that nice at motorway speed when i drove home...

The chip/map/rolling rd was done at a place called jam sport, says its been done for that exhaust and cat, but i dont know much about these things...

Printout definatly shows some gain