ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought a LY 182

R27 - 77/500
Hello guys, Ive come home to the Renault sport scene after a brief affair with a Focus RS.

Ive just bought a LY 182.

Shes covered 44k so bits are bound to be getting tired.

Im probably going to fit coilovers - plan to track a couple times a year.

Also what other stuff should I be looking to replace.

What are the engine/gearbox mounts like?

Oh and ill prob get an exhaust fitted before the standard one fails. What are the options here (Not too loud)

any further suggestions would be great. :cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Should have got a mans colour at least, especially having a cup before ;)

I wouldnt worry about the mounts really. Some people seem to swap mounts all the time, yet with all the MK'2 RS's I've had since 2004, I've only ever swapped the dogbone mount. Mine get driven properly too. .... if nothing is banging, leave as imo

Look at changing coolant, gearbox oil, full refreshment of brake fluid. Also had cambelts done yeah?

Exhausts, be looking for a Janspeed, others like Miltek sound well, but have fitment/quality issues, Yozza might be too loud etc etc!

R27 - 77/500
haha yea yellow was a jump out of the comfort zone.

Ah right spot on ill leave the mounts for now until I hear noises.

Yea so basically just give the full refreshment. yea cambelt was done earlier in the year.

As for exhaust I was thinking of miltek as this was great on my Focus, but will take a look at janspped also. I imagine yozza will be bit too loud!

R27 - 77/500
well here are some pictures to share with you.

17092010245.jpg

17092010244.jpg

17092010242.jpg

17092010248.jpg

17092010246.jpg

17092010249.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Hopefully you can come on our next meet!?;)

Straightliners is on next weekend if you fancy it? kirkbride airfield wigton.

Italian 3.2 V6
Looking good dan ;)

few people told me they've waved thinking it was me but were blanked lol.

PSJ.

R27 - 77/500
haha yea I spotted a couple people wave!!

I must of missed the others coz i normally wave back haha

Megane 225 F1
Welcome. I don't like you. I actually loved this car. You took it away from me which makes me very sad. This car > women tbh. Luke tried for ages to sell it to me but I had no monies :(

Make sure you enjoy ;)

R27 - 77/500
Welcome. I don't like you. I actually loved this car. You took it away from me which makes me very sad. This car > women tbh. Luke tried for ages to sell it to me but I had no monies :(

Make sure you enjoy ;)

Haha sorry mate!! Yea its great little car and certainly stands out!

Thanks for all the other nice comments

Luke done a cracking job on the wheel colour choice, mega metallic pop in the colour when the sun is on them, love it