ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought my first car!!!!

....Well mother did, picking it up tomoro
MK1 1.4, H reg:cool: says its got 57k which i find slightly hard to belive but ah well find out tomoro
He reckons the head gaskets on his way out cos he said its drinking water a bit but no signs of leaks, but my next door neighbour is a whizz on all things mechanical
No rust what so ever, sounds ok i suppose, pictures up tomoro i guess:D :D

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh forget pics of the car, get some more pics of yourself!

200 Gordini
Nope its because you made me say hubba hubba... anyway thats off topic.
Are you buying the car private or through a dealer? You should find out about previous owners with the miles that low on a H reg

Nope its because you made me say hubba hubba... anyway thats off topic.
Are you buying the car private or through a dealer? You should find out about previous owners with the miles that low on a H reg

private, was used for 'short' school run and to go to centre parcs here n then thts all

FF Blackgold 182
Result! Hope it's a goodun' for you mate. My ex wifes' granddad had a D plate metro on 15k! Ha ha! Never drove it for years. It was then stolen a burnt out by some scroats! :mad: They'll steal anything in Brizzle! :rolleyes:

Result! Hope it's a goodun' for you mate. My ex wifes' granddad had a D plate metro on 15k! Ha ha! Never drove it for years. It was then stolen a burnt out by some scroats! :mad: They'll steal anything in Brizzle! :rolleyes:

what a bum. shame i just moved out of bristol then isnt it

loving the pic vultures. lol.

good purchase :D £150 cars are the future.

they are very cool:cool:

i would stil like some1 to give me a simple (being the important word) guide of reconnecting the remote locking though....

C

clvs2222

^^ search it. theres prob a thread of it before. im not sure if theres a mk1 website. they'd be your best bet.

C

clvs2222

what you mean you need to re-connect the central locking anyway? how has it been disconected? or dont you know? is it jus not working?

what you mean you need to re-connect the central locking anyway? how has it been disconected? or dont you know? is it jus not working?

i dont know, i just got told its been disconected whilst sorting something else out, battery changed in the remote thingy, so thts my only guess of what it coud be, if its poss to be disconected, just saying what ive been told, sorry im useless

C

clvs2222

ok, not much help that. as u said, you've got a mate to look at it. but if you need anymore help, get him to tell you as much detail as possible and then report back on here.

guess your living in camarthen now then? in uni isit?

ok, not much help that. as u said, you've got a mate to look at it. but if you need anymore help, get him to tell you as much detail as possible and then report back on here.

guess your living in camarthen now then? in uni isit?

think the head gasket is the main thing though!
cam is just cam....gloucester-ish to anyone with no sense of direction:) good try though

C

clvs2222

head gasket is a very easy job on that model.

never heard of cam?! lol. and i work for royal mail. i shall ask the missis later as shes from gloucester.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wow a H plate clio, very first of the breed!

easy peasy headgasket change

welcome btw!

C

clvs2222

keep us updated on how its going. some pix when you get it and put your womans touch on it.