ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just bought my first clio :)

1.2 sport i music
hi all, just purchased my first clio, its a 1.2 2008 clio campus sport i-music in blue. i know the engine is poo :) lol. but have had my share in fast motors the last 3 where, focus ST 2.5T, civic type R and finally the astra VXR which i part ex'd for this. all in the means of saving money for house. i have always been a petrol head and love modding (not ruining) so have a few questions as never had a clio before???

(should point out that i am already thinking of getting wheels and mirrors black)

1. what are the best springs to get a good stance?

2. what other subtle mods do you recommend that i can do on the cheap at the mo??? (apart from de-badging and removing rear wiper)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Re: just brought my first clio :)

eibach give you the best ride comfort and performance but stance isnt their strong point, Apex give you a nice agressive stance being -60mm but they soon kill the dampers and the ride and handling isnt the best!

260% JCW

I'd sooner chop the original springs in half then fit Apex.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

they do fine for stance, my old 65 used to bounce about on them! they were actually pretty good when paired with the apex dampers on my 1.2 too!

53 Clio 172

Sportlines I would recommend and maybe some new wheels (nice and subtle) and maybe get a new boot lid because the Campus ones look pretty awful ;)

Listerine & Poledo

wow, you've had one hell of a downgrade there!

Since you're already spraying and lowering, just tint your fogs, clear repeaters. done.

1.2 sport i music

and i know it may sound a stupid question but what clio prings am i getting cause i know its a mk2 but they only go to 2005 as far as springs go. so if anyone has any links would be a help cheers

1.2 sport i music

finally got some pics from internet of the one that i brought just waiting to pick it up now hopefully next week

comments welcome

media?id=1686835770.gif

media?id=1686835847.gif

media?id=1686835913.gif

media?id=1686835888.gif

media?id=1686835930.gif

1.2 sport i music

also where is the best place to get the black 16v badges that go at the end of the bump strips on the door? or would look better as it is??

PB172

Paint them yourself fella.

Looks alright dude. Got any plans for it or just going to keep it nice and standard?

Merc

You have downgraded from a ST, Type R etc to save money and your thinking about modding a 1.2 Clio?

If I were you i'd save me the pennies and save them up for when you upgrade back. Or alternatively if you are intent on modding do minor performance upgrades and DIY upgrades that you can do yourself like painting the badges and stuff you mentioned. Apart from that it looks in mint condition :)

clio 182 black /gold

I hope where ever you brought it from it came with an aerial.

1.2 sport i music

You have downgraded from a ST, Type R etc to save money and your thinking about modding a 1.2 Clio?

If I were you i'd save me the pennies and save them up for when you upgrade back. Or alternatively if you are intent on modding do minor performance upgrades and DIY upgrades that you can do yourself like painting the badges and stuff you mentioned. Apart from that it looks in mint condition :)

yeah that is my plans just minor cosmetic upgrades just to please my modding bug :)

Merc

yeah that is my plans just minor cosmetic upgrades just to please my modding bug :)

There is a 'Projects' section on this forum where you can get ideas and/or upload any before & after pics of the things you're going to do to the Clio :)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup

Just the use of the word stance makes me think of this...

image.jpg

Welcome,
humm dont take this the wrong way but, the 2litres are just as economical, and cheap as the smaller clio petrols, and have all the toys. (except cup)
then again insurance and tax is more so thats 2 advantages.

I cant find the link, but someone on here paints the bullets on the side in loads of different colours :)