ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought my new TV and Home Cinema Kit!! HOW GOOD IS IT??

Mini Cooper
Ordered my new TV and Home Cinema System this weekend!!

Been pondering on it for a couple of months now, but took the plunge and put a deposit down!!

£600 deposit and £50 a month for 12 months (interest free)

£1200 total price (Should have been £1500)

Bought it from a Local Electronics store called Harry Garlicks!! Probably could have bought the 2 items cheaper, but in with the price is delivery, free set-up and connection (already have NTL Digital which hes gonna wire-up to the surround sound, etc aswell) and 24 months warranty on top of the 12 months Manufacturers Warranty (which covers accidental damage and any repairs, which can cost a fortune on LCD TVs, and also the added bonus that the TV is HDMI Prepared!! Chose the TV on apperance, quality and value!!

Decided to go for this tv:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=SA32LCDTV&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-DI-_-SA-_-SA32LCDTV&src=FRO1

with this home cinema system:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=SAHTXQ100&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-HC-_-SA-_-SAHTXQ100&src=FRO1

What ya think of this set-up and the price Ive paid!!?

Cheers

182FF c/w Recaros
Mate of mine has a similar Samsung and he's pretty happy with it.

Went Plasma myself but each to their own.

Not a bad price for what you've got.

Should keep you going till upgradeitus strikes in a year or 2.:D

Can't beat a good movie in DD/DTS 5.1 :approve: Or 6.1 for that matter!

Mini Cooper
im not clued up on technology, tv spec, sound, etc!!

i picked this as it looks good, and coz with it being samsung, and know the quality will be good!!

whats this dd/dts 5.1 etc??!

what are the positive and negatives of this system!??

182FF c/w Recaros
In a nutshell 5.1 (or 6.1) is seperate, discrete channels of sound.

In the case of 5.1 then 2 x Fronts, 2 x Rears, 1 x Centre and 1 x Sub with sound coming from all speakers, usually speach from the centre, main stuff from the fronts and surround/background noise fromt he rears.

Positives, i'd say If your coming from pian old stereo then it'll be a marked improvement.

Negatives, it won't perform to a standard as dedicated separate components.

DD is Dolby Digital and DTS is Digital Theartre Systems.

Both are stunning with a good disc and sound system although many reckon (myself included) that DTS often has the edge.

Once it's set-up get Saving Private Ryan on DVD (make sure it has the DTS track on it, possibly the best ever, the DD5.1 is awesome but the DTS will blow you away), crank it up and prepared to be amazed.

It was the first movie I watched on my DTS system, incredible.

Mini Cooper
saving private ryan, i might just do that mate!!

wanted to see that for a while!!

as for the price, i know ive probs paid slightly over, but i get the after service, etc and if anything goes wrong with the tv or home cinema, they replace it with a like for like until its fixed, etc, etc so for the added piece of mind, it was well worth the little extra!!

plus theyll set it all up for me (as i wouldnt have a clue) and if its damaged, broke beyond economical repair i get a brand new one!! thats why i didnt buy from an internet site, or ebay!! you dont get the after sales service, etc, etc

Mini Cooper
plus ive only put £600 and paying the rest at 0% so i can pay it off when i can afford it!!

if i would have bought from ebay, etc i woulda had to come up with another £200+ etc!!

im glad ive done it the way i did, as even with dixons and currys who charge more for the tv, etc, they charge £58 just for a call out then labour and parts on top, and ive got all that in with the price for 2 years, so wont have to pay a penny over the £1200 where as others will if they have any problems!!

plus if it starts getting broke, il throw my brother into it and break it, so they give me a brand new one ;) lol

ive got the same tv, i paid 777 a few months back but costco are doing it for 646 with 3 year warranty, i opted for a 2nd hand bose acoustimass 10 for the surround, via a cheapish yamaha reciever, sounds amazing, surround sound 'in a box' arnt as good as a speaker/receiver set up but that ^ will still sound dynamite compared to what you would have had b4

i would also recommend the samsung upscaling dvd players too, connected via hdmi the picture quality is quite impressive in 720 mode, 1080 doesnt seem as good

182FF c/w Recaros
Once it's set-up get Saving Private Ryan on DVD (make sure it has the DTS track on it, possibly the best ever, the DD5.1 is awesome but the DTS will blow you away), crank it up and prepared to be amazed.

It was the first movie I watched on my DTS system, incredible.

What he said:approve:

Seriously, if you've never seen this in DD (or better still DTS) than you haven't realy seen this move at all. Absolutely sensational and will blow you away.

Watching it is plain old mono/stereo is like watching Snooker in Black and White lol.

My DTS copy is always one of the first out whenever I buy any new equipment.

Drolling over what it will look/sound like when it's released on HD-DVD/BR.

If your new to the delights of DD/DTS then other films you should be tryng out for sound are:

Master and Commander (stunning battle scenes)
Phantom Menace (yuk film I know but the Pod Race in DD rocks)
Das Boot (fel those depth charges)
Jurassic Park (1st T-Rex scene in JP1 is a favourite):D
Any of the Lord of The Rings
War of the Worlds
Thirteen Days (favourite of mine with 1 scene (DTS) that is simply awesome.

Fiesta ST
I've got that TV and it is a very good TV get it off play.com for £699 delivered.

Might have been worth setting up the equipment yourself it's dead easy! and if something simple goes wrong you know how the set up is done (and its fun to set and tweak).

Also all equipment has 12 months warranty so if something goes wrong manufactures will fix it.

I always buy online as its always far cheaper!! and you could put the money towards a good DVD upscaler! or even a xbox 360 in prepartion for HD-DVD!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Saving Private Ryan is good.....but Gladiator is better ;) It's THE best DTS track ever created, bar none! It's what they call "reference standard". Try out the opening battle......:hail:

Tungy
I need a new TV for my room. Doesn't have to be big, but not tiny. Looking at about 20" I guess? Don't want to spend much though, prices seem to be £200-£300+, so for that I'd want a good one and probably pay monthly.

this one seems to be 42" 1080p and it takes 1080p over hdmi, dvi, vga and component so perfect for the xbox 360 and its hd dvd player ;) and its only £1100

looks alright too oh and the badge can be just pulled off ;) its actually a rebadged tatung screen

DSC01459.gif

182FF c/w Recaros
Saving Private Ryan is good.....but Gladiator is better ;) It's THE best DTS track ever created, bar none! It's what they call "reference standard". Try out the opening battle......:hail:

Hmm

Horses for course there. Both stunning, both soundtrack and film.

Talking about opening battles, how about the first 25 minutes of SPR - :hail: :hail: :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i didn't think any tele can support VGA input over 720p... i'd double check that mate.