ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just bought this sound system for my clio

Renault clio&laguna
nice
only where do You want to install the 6x9s since the sub is already included, it will do to make a nice sound scene

Chocolate Bar™
looks like a good deal for a nice starter system. all you really need is a head unit and your about done :)

Nike Lunar Elite's
When it comes, chuck the 6x9s in the bin and please dont let them anywhere near your car :nono:

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
Good deal there mate - I've seen the exact same deal at my local car store - beverley car care. They're part of a company called A1 Motor Stores which can be found on the net. They have some good prices for gear!

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
Just a question - but why shouldn't I use the 6x9s? are they just crap or are standard better?

Astra CDTI SRI
Pingu said:
Just a question - but why shouldn't I use the 6x9s? are they just crap or are standard better?

Its simple. You don't need them!

Just get good quality components and a sub, with an amp to power them.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Where have you 'brought' it to?
Package looks good for a starter. I don't understand the concept of 6x9's though. They don't add bass and they don't and mid. All they add is unsightly holes in your parcel shelf.
Ebay them and put the cash towards a nice set of 6's for the rear quarters, or even a set of mini subs to add the kick.

Nike Lunar Elite's
You could probably get 6's in but there is no point in having any speakers in the rear. Ditch the oe ones and don't replace them. They just ruin the sound stage.

All you need is a good set of components (preferably 6.5's if you are prepared to knock up some mdf spacers) and an amp, but I would recommend a sub too for some 'fill'

Who cares about passengers anyway!

Renault Clio 197 ('08)
hydeyho said:
You could probably get 6's in but there is no point in having any speakers in the rear. Ditch the oe ones and don't replace them. They just ruin the sound stage.

All you need is a good set of components (preferably 6.5's if you are prepared to knock up some mdf spacers) and an amp, but I would recommend a sub too for some 'fill'

Who cares about passengers anyway!

When you say install some 6.5's - do ya mean up front in the door then put a spacer between the door and speaker to bring the magnet a bit further out? How big of a spacer would you use?

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
not a fan of jbl...for that kinda money ya copulda had a much better quality system sorry just my honest opinion!

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
just to let you all know the 6x9s are crap i have got 4 in my parcel shelf along with a gt4 12" sub the 6x9s are on ma head unit and it sounds nice not desfnin just nice

1.2 16v clio
you can get that off caraudiodirect.com and caraudiosecurity i decided to make my own set up tho i was firstly plannin on buyin that but i dont rate 6*9s and im goin to just power sub or subs prob just sub and front components. and fade the rear or cut em out completey if they dont like. thats my personally choice its good for the coin.