ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just brought a 5GTT today!

so any1 know how much i expect to pay for a cracked head. Can get another head for £20. Labour is £10 an hr.

When the head cracked could it have wharped the engine?

Anyone!

Only thing as I said is why did it crack? You need to check th pistons and linears as well, and make sure the cooling system isnt knackered, and its going to do exactly the same thing to the next head and head gasket.

His daughter was driving it for 6 months and didnt check the water and so it over heated thats why the head cracked.

Aparantly a mate (part time machanic)of theres replaced the head gasket etc but when put back together it still wasnt running right and so he looked and found it had a cracked head.

Thats ok then should be able to sort it out easy enough then, just make sure theres no piston damage, but I doubt there will be, and get the new different head sorted before it goes on.

Yeah. My mate will sort the head. What do you look for to see if there is piston damage.

The old geezer selling has told me everything about it. He says he wants me buying it knowing everything and he is a very honest man. He and the machanic who fixed would have told me exaclty what they know is wrong with the car i know them both well.

Hopefully fixable if not it will be sold as parts

You aint going to lose mate its as simple as that!! Have you been on gtturbo.org yet? Do you want me to have a word with my mate and see if I can find you a cylinder head?

My housemate bought one with a porous head. We went and bought a second hand one off a scrappy for £50. Fitted it and the car seemed very quick on standard boost, spinning wheels in 3rd etc. Turned out it was off a NA 1.4 so it had a super high compression ratio and shredded the gasket. He ended up paying £275 off Renault for a new one. They are rapid and fun, I borrowed it for a month last summer while he was on holiday and its why I got the williams cause the golf I had at the time seemed like a bus in comparison. Strip it, track day weapon surely. All the RTOC lot are pretty sound and dead helpful.

16v Clio.

See what he can do about finding me a head. I know feck all bout engines especially turbos so any help is great.

Cheers Boss

I picked the baby up on Sat!!

She is alot better than i thought. The 5 is quite good condition and has gone back to my mates to be checked to see if she is worth fixing. Managed to find a head as well which needs skimming. Brought it off a mate for £10.

My mate who is fixing it has said that it is the best condition 5 that he has seen for that sort of money and said that if it aint worth fixing then he will give £250 for it. Im tempted to take the money and run as thats £180 for doing nothing but if i fix her then i might get even better money!!

Kev