ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just Crashed My Car

German Barge

Looks bad people...

my fault, back end went out, didnt have a chance in hell...

Im soo gutted rite now.

German Barge

yep...

Its f**ked pretty much...

Passenger door and rear panel are smashed ohh and the sill is dented. Windows ok, and so is roof - write off im unsure of? Could have bent the chasis

Completely my fault, too fast round a bend, and lost it. Stupid, and completely unlike me.

Not sure if it is a right off, people have said repairable, but, thats my last concern, been done for "careless driving" so point on the way, along with a fine, plus i hit someone. Insurance is gonna go mad, the blokes car was not so bad, mainly scuaff marks, no dents! But im only third party...so for me its not good, and i was just gonna get 2 yrs no claims, words cannot express my emotions rite now.

[Edited by BigChris on 29 August 2004 at 7:42pm]

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer

sh*t mate

you just got the car back from gdi! hecktic

know what ya goin though unlucky mate

any pics poss?

you ok?????

damn, unlucky. i wrote my old car off around this time last year. lost the front end on a slippy corner. hope everything works out ok.

German Barge

yeh, its such a weird feeling. I dont know what to do with myself, im walking round my house aimlessly..its crazy.

German Barge

just a question..and please dont flame me. I was stupid and i know this, and it was my mistake

I was doing 50mph in a 30mph zone - this was on a dual carriage way. I then had the accident, where i lost the back end, and ended up hitting someone else.

The policeman said to me, you will appear in court, as you have been done for CARELESS DRIVING, and you will receive a couple of points and a fine. Does this mean i will be done for careless driving alone, AND also speeding, as i did admit to speeding, as there is no point in lying, and the marks on the road even suggested it - even the policeman persisted to question me "what speed were you really doing!!" Am i up sh*t creek? i just done some reseacrh and it could be 3-9 points! but i am unsure about a fine?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Dangerous driving and speeding if convocted would be in the region of 6-9pts mate. I think anyway!

Have they officially charged you etc?

[Edited by CupCake on 29 August 2004 at 8:29pm]

German Barge

thats the thing though

dangerous driving, reckless driving, causing death etc

and careless driving are all different convictions.

500bhp Scoob

mate im truely gutted for ya, havent even seen your motor yet and we were gonna meet up for a big meet somewhere

good luck with it is all i can say, hope its repairable

German Barge

no no one is injured, dont think he will prosecute.

Just me and him involved. He literally had 449 blue scuff marks on his silver celica, and that was it. My car looks like it could be in trouble, and if not, im looking at at least 700 quids worth of repairing - if it is repairable.

but as i said before im more worried about my licence, as its all up in the air at the moment. Sit and wait sort of feeling, but it will only be bad news if you get me. It is 2 years until you get 12 point limit rather than 6 isnt it?

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Bad news that mate, had a close shave myself today. Really unlucky, hopefully it will be repairable. :(

Mini Cooper S sport

Really sorry to hear about that - but the main thing is youre OK, and so is the other guy. Cars can be replaced.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Bloody hell dude that sounds pretty bad. I smashed up my 1 week old 172 a month ago today. Thankfully it was repairable. Similar circumstances to how youve described; going too fast into a bend, spun off into a hedge. Even after four weeks still cant understand why I was going so quick. The main thing is that you climbed out of it ok. Many people dont get a second chance after a crash.

I completely understand your comments about not knowing what to do with yourself, and pacing around the house. I was the same, just stay calm and it will be sorted out.

Hope your car gets fixed up.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

bad news chris, really sorry to hear that...

hope it sorts itself out without too much come back

Andy

GDI

Bad news mate, I really do feel for you mate. Ive been in that situation and lived with the result. Not meaning to preach to you or anything but a lesson can be learned from this mate. Hope every works out ok for you though and most importantly your ok and not hurt!

sorry to hear about that mate. must be absolutely gutted.

we live and learn though mate and you and the other guy are physically ok, so at least you have the opportunity to learn now - wouldnt have been the same if you wrent alive.

Sorry to hear that mate, you must be gutted - main hassle is sorting it all out now, especially being at Uni and all...

Hope it all goes ok mate!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by BigChris on 29 August 2004
just a question..and please dont flame me. I was stupid and i know this, and it was my mistakeI was doing 50mph in a 30mph zone - this was on a dual carriage way. I then had the accident, where i lost the back end, and ended up hitting someone else.The policeman said to me, you will appear in court, as you have been done for CARELESS DRIVING, and you will receive a couple of points and a fine. Does this mean i will be done for careless driving alone, AND also speeding, as i did admit to speeding, as there is no point in lying, and the marks on the road even suggested it - even the policeman persisted to question me "what speed were you really doing!!" Am i up sh*t creek? i just done some reseacrh and it could be 3-9 points! but i am unsure about a fine?

bit late but:

number one rule mate is - dont admit to anything even if its obvious what youve done, dont talk to any officers without a solicitor present, cops will try every trick in the book to get you to incriminate yourself, even the old "Im your pal routine".

Sounds like he gave you a NIP, in which case itll go to some traffic board wholl most likely decide if theyll pass it onto the CPS or theres also the possibility that theyll send you on a driving course (not sure if this option is available if youre in your probation period) which you have to "pass" and then the matter is closed.

Id wait until your hear anything before getting really worried, PC pleb knows nothing about whatll happen, he just submits his report and evidence, other people make the decisions.

Sounds like your cacking yourself, so hopefully youll learn from this!

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah never admit your speed. Let them measure the tyre marks and work it out. As no one was injured they were hardly going to investigate to the level they would a fatal accident!! Chris would never have got done for speeding unless he had admitted it.

A good example is that case of the guy in the V6 who recently had that accident in France. He admitted here that he was doing 100mph and there was even a photo posted here to show how far it took him to stop after the accident but he didnt get done for speeding because he kept quiet at the scene!

The police wont do a full on forensic investigation on account of a few dented panels!!

Titanium Clio 182

Why were you only Third Party? I dont understand, fully comp is only about 50 - 100 more. Stupid really.