ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just crashed

German Barge

lozza - had a nasty accident myself 4 months ago...

no the feeling mate, mine was 2 grands worth of damage, and his was 1.5 grands worth of damage (my fault). I ended up paying it all in the end, just so my insurance would stay clean (only being 20) and keep my no claims. I worked it out that it would save me money in the long run, plus i have the cash. I was only insured third party too.

Now i have insured my car for 700 fully comp, and i wont be footing the bill should the be a next time (touch wood).

All i can say is it will get sh*t for about 2 weeks, when bills and stress get ya a bit, with car and insurance stuff, but after a month or so, it will be ok.

At least you dont have court and points to worry about like i did :cry: so glad im passed it all now...move on to better things...

I had a moment in my CUP the other week when taking a bend at reasonable speed on a damp road. Lost traction and started going sideways for a couple of seconds. Its a damp and greasy surface that is the real danger, at least on a proper wet road the tyre tread has something to do.

Do NOT drive a CUP fast on a damp surface.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 07 January 2005

I had a moment in my CUP the other week when taking a bend at reasonable speed on a damp road. Lost traction and started going sideways for a couple of seconds. Its a damp and greasy surface that is the real danger, at least on a proper wet road the tyre tread has something to do.

Do NOT drive a CUP fast on a damp surface.
was doing 40mph in 40 zone

my mate was always taking the piss bout my abs sayin it was sissy n that, fair nuff in the dry you can brake better/faster but in the wet, well...... hes stamped the brake a few times and we were gliding along!

only 2 months later at a junction, tried to brake in the rain, wheels locked up and pop, written off his car and this old ladies corsa, seems I got the last laff after all.

Unlucky mate.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

yeah have to agree ABS is the best thing thing to happen since sliced bread, wouldnt call anyone a pussy who has it it just makes sense

am i rite in thinking that without abs you can stop quicker but in the heat of the moment you are more likely to lock up and thus abs is the better option?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

right quick update, had amate look at it and he is saying there is roughly 2k worth of damage but without unbolting everything he cant tell if the metal chassis thing on the front is f**ked or not

Clio Williams No123

Locked mine up the oter day, avoiding some kid bombing across a 4 way junction. can be too easy to do when the roads greasy.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

well i think one of my break calipers are sticking, so its even easier to do it all we be known once it goes under the knife

The bottom line is, if you set the car up before the bend at the right speed you will always be able to go round it.

What you all need is a Police Advanced Car Course Its the Dogs!!

Oh! you will have to join the Police first!!!

Hi folks first post.

Anyway all this talk of greasy roads etc...what make of tyres do you 182 drivers run with??

cheers

MoJo.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

just dont get conti sport contact2 they are pants, i think most if not all have michelin pilot exaltos pe2, about 250 squid from mytyres.com

Whats all this ABS talk?

I prefer my Williams2 because it has no ABS. I didnt get on with the ABS on my Williams3.. just, I dunno.. I didnt get on with it (my 1.2 didnt have ABS either, so thats probably it).

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

have driven cars with ABS and without ABS and prefer it tbh that would be the only driver aid i would want on any car

Quote: Originally posted by Pilsbury1046 on 08 January 2005

The bottom line is, if you set the car up before the bend at the right speed you will always be able to go round it.

Good post!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

hey this is my sympathy post mate get your own

just kidding alot of people recommend gsd3s and a539s

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 08 January 2005
Quote: Do NOT drive a CUP fast on a damp surface.

HAHAHA try learning to drive oh and get some decent tyres.

Fcuk you.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by natcup on 06 January 2005

hope your ok mate,

My cup is worth a mint soon, these are gonna be very rare if everyone keeps crashing them!
Youre right!! Most of them are in the online scrappies!!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

hey mine isnt gonna be scrapped just be getting rid of the damned thing

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Liam_Dynamique on 09 January 2005

yeah, deffo not proxes - good in the dry but farely crap at this time of year.
Seconded, found them to be bo11ocks in the wet too.

Da

Less

gutted for ya Lozza mate, but as everyone says least your both ok, f**k the cars hey! ;)

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 09 January 2005

gutted for ya Lozza mate, but as everyone says least your both ok, f**k the cars hey! ;)
yeah mate a car is a car at the end of the day and can be replaced, the 3rd party and i arent easily replaced so i just count my blessings that i lived to tell the tale,

BMW E46 330i Touring

Quote: Originally posted by Pilsbury1046 on 08 January 2005

Not if your Uncles the head of the police driving school in Devon & Cornwall.... ;)... I think.

Have got a voucher for skidpan day as well which should be fun.

Never had a problem with not having ABS, Just got to drive smoother in the wet. Then again its always wet in Scotland so i guess im used to it.

Hope its not too expensive for you!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by lou_m on 09 January 2005

Never had a problem with not having ABS, Just got to drive smoother in the wet. Then again its always wet in Scotland so i guess im used to it.

Hope its not too expensive for you!
weather the roads wet or not i always take it easy, ive got a feeling ive got a problem with my brakes, posted a few things about it a while back, and the other nite had break fade, when it shouldnt have happened, may have a sticking caliper, oh yeah and thanks

[Edited by lozza_cup on 09 January 2005 at 12:34pm]