ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just didnt expect the 182 would cost so much...

Clio MK 4
The exhaust problem is common on 182's. just get an aftermarket one as its cheaper, look and sound better imo. As long as you look after it and keep the services up to date you shouldnt get too many issues. Just usual wear and tear. You'll likely get a cv boot split at some point which is common aswell. I replaced mine 4 times in 3 years lol.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Hard luck.

The Williams cost me a bit to get through an mot each year. The 172 cost nothing and neither has the Trophy really.

Maybe it's just a big shock for you going from a 1.2 to Sport.

Give it some time then sell it on if you're still feeling the same.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Peanuts really. Could happen to any car.

For the performance you get, they're a bargain.

I can keep up with our XKR for the first twenty feet in my 182, and that's just had a service @ £1100. A set of front discs and pads is £800.

The Clio is a bargain to run. It's barely anymore than the lower models, bar insurance.

For me, at least.

120d M Sport
If you think you're in a position to buy a 172/182, you've also got to consider if you're in a position to pay for repairs, servicing, insurance etc. Thats the mistake some people make.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Only Renault sell the proper exhaust. All the others are crap.

Me and gaz-kev have a hate of any loudness in exhausts.

Man - that's so wrong! :rasp:

The standard 182 exhaust sounds like an asthmatic, pathetic, weedy 1.0litre Micra engine being forced to worked 'slightly' hard. Not forgetting it weighs a ton.

It's an embarassment to the sporting brand of RS by Reno. I was so glad when mine finally gave up after 60k and I got the Master Kevs at Birchdown to swap it out for a zorst that was far more appropriate.

D.

M3 SMG
I too wish i had a standard exhaust. Small cars with 4cyl engines and a boomy exhaust is about as cool as aids

Artic Blue 182FF
am just having a moan cos, i gotta stay in for one sat night cos i spent my money on my car! ha thanks for the feedback guys!

not sure what a split in the boot cv is or summat?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
182 does 30 mpg easy, so your saying your 1.2 does 60?

Were on earth did you get 60mpg from?

+ i dont drive a 1.2 anymore, most of what i do is town driving, so if clayton gets about 23mpg around town then i must be also getting around that(cant check as the MPG doesnt work)

Tav

Clio 197
In 18 months my car has had:

3 x Oil Changes
1 x Gearbox Oil Change
2 x Air Filters
4 x Michelin Pilot Exalto 2 Tyres
1 x Brake Fluid Change
1 x Set of Front Discs & Pads
1 x Set of Rear Discs, Pads & Bearings
2 x Front Ball Joints
1 x Front Bumper
1 x Front Splitter (went for Skoda item)
1 x Aux Belt Change
1 x Cam Belt Change (THE expensive one!!!)
3 x Engine Mounts (ktec racing uprated set + poly dogbone mounts)
1 x Replacement Alloy Wheel
1 x Replacement CAT (thanks to worn engine mounts breaking the original)

It's just about needing a new set of front brakes and a replacement exhaust. I can't complain though cause I've made the mileage go from 15k to 38k and that's mainly on Scottish roads. It's been worth it...mostly haha.

It's also had:

2 x MOT
2 x Insurance
2 x Tax
Too much petrol!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I've spent more in petrol this last week in the zed than I did on any of my Rs's ... Wow that things thirsty!!

Artic Blue 182FF
am right glad i had a moan and now have been put in my place by u guys ha! think al be alright just looking at it now outta the window with the sun on it! ohh i loove it ha

cheers for feedback

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Were on earth did you get 60mpg from?

+ i dont drive a 1.2 anymore, most of what i do is town driving, so if clayton gets about 23mpg around town then i must be also getting around that(cant check as the MPG doesnt work)

ok if you get 23 MPG around town that must have meant your 1.2 did 46 around down?

Also find that hard to believe.

If you double the fuel cost you half the MPG.

www.renparts.co.uk
The only issue with running a sport is the Fuel consumption, crist im putting nearly £60-£80 a week, were as my 1.2 would only need about £30 a week max,

Lol, if there is one thing you can't complain about on a 172/182 its fuel consumpton.

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
Jeepers, Mine costs nothing in comaprison to the Celica GT4 - I remeber having to get handbrake shoes and handbrake cables, cost me about £350 just for the parts.....