ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just driven a 182...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 02 April 2004

Rich,

Looking at your original post again its this which led to my question..

coming from the Cup it felt softer, less composed at speed and under braking, plus there was more body roll

I was led to believe they have made improvements on the 182,even if they are subtle..that doesnt read like an improvement to me :confused:
Compared to a 172 Sport the standard 182 was better, but compared to my 172 Cup it was not...

However a 182 with Cup suspension "should" be as good as or better than a 172 Cup, but I have yet to drive one.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by WannabeeCup on 02 April 2004

I also think that the 172 cup suspension is still very minutly stiffer than the 182 cup.
Partly due to there being less weight to cope with on a 172 Cup I suspect...

Need to drive one and see!

172 cup TT

wow cant believe how its all done a complete U-turn now.. was only the other day that the 182 was the best hatch around, now this thread has blown it out the water and the cup is officially top again... how bloody mad, oh well...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Just been out for a blast in the Cup over the same route I took yesterday for a direct comparison...

Why the hell have I sold it?!

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 03 April 2004

wow cant believe how its all done a complete U-turn now.. was only the other day that the 182 was the best hatch around, now this thread has blown it out the water and the cup is officially top again... how bloody mad, oh well...

Yep, as the marketing hype dies down, people will realise Renault sold them a 172 with a few more horses and a hefty price tag.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 03 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 03 April 2004

Yep, as the marketing hype dies down, people will realise Renault sold them a 172 with a few more horses and a hefty price tag.
Isnt that what Renault did with the Williams ?

Isnthat what all car makers do,increase power,upgrade equipment,a few tweaks here and there,a few minor changes and a few modifications...i think the answer you are looking for there is a yes.

Thats why i got my 182 because the 172 is so good,it has a few more horses,a few tweaks and changes..and all for the SAME price.

The pricing is nowhere near as hefty as its so called rivals ;)