ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just dropped my clio cup off to have the gearbox done

172cup
At Transgear in southampton fingers crossed the box can be saved and I make it to the French car day at this weekend

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
good luck, if not try Knight Motors down by the footie ground, there tucked up in one of the industrial estates, doesnt look the poshed garage but trust me what Rich doesnt know about gearboxes isnt worth knowing

172cup
As long as it is just a standard rebuild they do that for £350 and to take it out and refitt is £150, hope it does feel good after all the hassle only had the car 2 months

Rusty Cup
Those prices sound good my refurb cost me a grand but i did need all new internals. You'll be pissed off its cost you but when you get to drive it properly you'll instantly feel like it was money well spent. Plus with 12 months warranty you can nail it for 11 months then take it back because 2nd gear syncro is crunching!! that way you get 2 box's for your £500 :)

172cup
Mine failed big time I was stop at the time and nearly didn't make it home could get in gears made a bad noise just hope it doesn't cost that much

172cup
Got a call from the gearbox place and it's all done but they can start the car, when I got it tow by the AA I couldn't get it start then had to push it into position, just when you sort one thing out some else fooks up

172cup
But it was fine one day just left for a few days as the gearbox let go then wouldn't start when the AA turn up unless all the rain has messed with it