ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just drove a Subaru WRX STI!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

:D I must have one. They are sooo fast and handle soooo well! I did actually drive it back to back with a standard WRX but soon forgot about the WRX;)

The brakes, gearbox, steering are all superb!! There is hardly any turbo lag to talk of and I love it!!!!

I think I want one more than a V6 now!!

Mate, Ive wanted one forever. They are truely mint cars.. My dream car, but most people dont understand why. Id rather have one than almost any car!

I went to the launch of the Impreza III, and they brought the STi out at the end.. mint, so so so mint.

Daz.

Daz - So why is it your dream car?

My reasons for hating them are, their the fecking most ugly car in the world, they have no character and theyre too easy to drive.

-Rob

... thats why Im going to Uni and hopefully getting a good job at the end of it.. I will work to get an Impreza.. mmm, got me drooling.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 01 May 2003

Daz - So why is it your dream car?

My reasons for hating them are, their the fecking most ugly car in the world, they have no character and theyre too easy to drive.

-Rob
They have lots of character and are far from ugly.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I can understand where daz is comming from cause my dream car is an Evo.. dunno what it is about them.. I just have to own one..

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 01 May 2003

I can understand where daz is comming from cause my dream car is an Evo.. dunno what it is about them.. I just have to own one..
yea, its weird.. but theres something about an Impreza.. heh.

I was in a Sti Prodrive at the ring, loved the sound of that. If its not as nice as the older ones then they must be great.

Hmm, I reckon the new ones dont have such a burble, but its there.. so definetly there.. *starts drooling*

Ive been looking at getting a MY03 WRX as ive done over 40k in my mk1 172.

standard 0-60 is 5.9secs

with prodrive performace pack for £1500 you get a whooping 260bhp with more torque than the STi and a 0-60 impovement figure of 4.8secs according to EVo

you can get brand new MY03 subaru wrx at trade sales for £16995 , 3k of uk list.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Timebomb on 01 May 2003

standard 0-60 is 5.9secs

with prodrive performace pack for £1500 you get a whooping 260bhp with more torque than the STi and a 0-60 impovement figure of 4.8secs according to EVo

you can get brand new MY03 subaru wrx at trade sales for £16995 , 3k of uk list.

With the PPP for the WRX you dont get the STIs superb gearbox, better seats, brembo brakes or that huge post box on the bonnet!!

The STI drives so much better than the WRX!

Prefer that Classic shape by miles - front and back end. They are also quicker for less money - running costs have kept me away so far! If I get too many more problems with the Willie I am considering either a Classic shape Jap import (Huge running costs but very capable) or a Saffire Cosworth 4X4 (loads of cheap potential power but its a Sierra).

an import the other day - didnt like to think how much power that thing was putting out - bet ya it was tuned. They can be wound up to silly amounts I think..

Yeah but costs loads compared to a Cossie unfortunatly. I think they are starting to get more power cheaper from them but im no expert. Im think the cossie has a de-tuned engine as std unlike the scoob. Scoobs and more power seems to equal big bills - only the impression i get from scoobynet tho!

Sorry, im with Rob on this.....damn awful cars!

if you absolutely love and fantasize about understeer and a totally numb driving experience then best VFM you can get! lol

After driving one, NO THANKS!

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 01 May 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Timebomb on 01 May 2003

standard 0-60 is 5.9secs

With the PPP for the WRX you dont get the STIs superb gearbox, better seats, brembo brakes or that huge post box on the bonnet!!

The STI drives so much better than the WRX!
Agreed :)

Yeah Robs right, give me the ol P1 Scooby any day of the week.

0-60 on them is 4.9 and you can pick a decent one up for under 19K

If I had 20gs thats wot ill buy...........and then spend the rest on insurance :(

Ive never been in, or driven a Scooby that actually felt fast....

OK, they sound great, handle quite well, and the classic can be made to look good (Like my mate Peccys http://www.peccy.comwww.peccy.com)

But they are so smooth and boring to drive. No kick, and its certainly NOT an animal.... A lazy mans car....

Go and drive a Cossie with some serious power and a decent suspension setup.... That will put you back in your seat, and put a fuggin big grin on your face! Plus its sideays fun if its a 2wder.....

Tim

oh no!!!

the escy cossie is jsut as bad!!! lol....

only decent cossie ever made was the original RS500..........teh rest arent worth anything!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 01 May 2003

oh no!!!

the escy cossie is jsut as bad!!! lol....

only decent cossie ever made was the original RS500..........teh rest arent worth anything!

What about this one Ben, the paintwork is absolutely unmarked and so much shinier than new cars - belongs to a mechanic friend of mine who had it new in 85 sold it to a guy who only did 2,000 dry miles on Sundays in about five years, so my pal bought it back off him. It has 400bhp, chipped etc and FAST - even uglier than the Scooby above, complete with picnic table at the back end!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1051816935__cossie.jpg

Nice I like the 3drs:D

The RS500 is the one but you need cash to get it to decent power i think!? Does it not come with a T4?

yup, you need money, and the engine is fabulous.....gloried pinto, but hell...its the best cossie out there!

GR, the beauty is in the uglyness!

My reasons for hating them are, their the fecking most ugly car in the world, they have no character and theyre too easy to drive

My girlfriends dad is a Scooby dealer so I get to drive them quite regularly. I agree looks are entirely subjective but to say a scooby has no character is way off the mark. That engine noise is fantastic & if you get an STi or a P1 with a blue printed engine they rev freely up to 8000 rpm giving you that Honda VTech experience but with massive low down torque.

The only downside to them as far as I am concerned is that they are such accomplished road cars that you have to go at seriously licence threatening speeds to get a buzz & feel like you are pushing the car. A blast down a B road in my Clio may not be as fast point to point but it is more enjoyable & rewarding I feel.

Darren

To be honest, and dont laugh, id prefer a new beetle cabriolet, ive always wanted a beetle and b4 getting the Clio I nearly bought a wizard roadster, but I couldnt get insurance and it wouldnt have been practicle

This is a picture of it