ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just finished colour coding..................

Clio 1.2 Expression
I have searched ALOT but to no avail - How long should i leave it after the final layer of lacquer before I put them back on the car? I dont want to be driving around in a car with no side strips lol

Punto/Clio GTT
if applying heat, they should be good in a few hours after cooling off

if youre air drying, leave them overnight/24 hrs and theyll be fine

just be careful when putting them back on as even if they have been oven baked, they can still leave slight fingermarks in them, so take care

Clio 1.2 Expression
if applying heat, they should be good in a few hours after cooling off

if youre air drying, leave them overnight/24 hrs and theyll be fine

just be careful when putting them back on as even if they have been oven baked, they can still leave slight fingermarks in them, so take care

Yeah cheers, well i just put them in the shed for the night, they are still a bit "soft". Hopefully suns out tomorrow ill sit them in the garden for few more hours before putting them on the car.

Then if im right I beleive i have to leave it a good week before scrubbing up?

Clio 1.2 Expression
Cheers people :)

Image00005.jpgImage00006.jpg

Clio 1.2 Expression
Nice one, the colour is pretty good. they don't look very shiny though.

Nah not as shiny as I hoped, but hey first attempted and im pleased enough lol!
Maybe next time more lacquer...I dont really know....Maybe look better after a good scrub up ina week or so.

Clio 1.2 Expression
Just had a closer inspection...colour match im pleased with, but they not glossy at all really. Is this because I didnt use enough Lacquer? Should I remove them and do more lacquer or wait a week or so and give them a good polish?

If I cant get them any better I can live with it but rather get a better shine!

Punto/Clio GTT
how many coats of laquer did you use and did you dust it on or did you put it on pretty wet? and by wet i mean it looks like water laying on the strip

Clio 1.2 Expression
I did it quite wet, after reading so many different opinions lol.
Didnt do it too wet though as didnt want it to drip or run.
Did 3 layers I think.

Punto/Clio GTT
give it a light sand all over in a few days with some P2000/P2500 or P3000 then buff it back up if you got some cutting compound, will be alright if you put 3 decent coats on

Clio 1.2 Expression
More i look at them in different lights less pleased I am. Looks very patchy from some angles.
Dull & Patchy not good! I hope I can fix this without starting over!

Phase 1 172, boxster
was this an aerosol job or proper waterbased paint with compressor and proper laquer? if the colour looks patchy just grey scotch them up so it takes the shine completly off and you can go straight over that with colour again, if it was aerosol though it will be near impossible to get them straight without patches. if its aerosol and the colour isnt patchy then its the crappy laquer, aerosol laquers always seem to suck back and lose its gloss

Clio 1.2 Expression
was this an aerosol job or proper waterbased paint with compressor and proper laquer? if the colour looks patchy just grey scotch them up so it takes the shine completly off and you can go straight over that with colour again, if it was aerosol though it will be near impossible to get them straight without patches. if its aerosol and the colour isnt patchy then its the crappy laquer, aerosol laquers always seem to suck back and lose its gloss

Did it all aerosol. I whipped them of and redid the lacquer. Much much happier with the outcome.