ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just fited a carbon fibre bonnet

clio mk2 ph2 1.2 16v
and i have a few problems.

1. the bonnet catch wasn't in line so when i put it down it wouldn't pop back up :mad: so i pulled the relese cable out of the release catch and snap boll*cks the plastic bit has snapped so now i have got a silver cable hanging out at the passenger side and a pair of pliars. but after abit of drilling i got the bonnet catch lined up. but i was thinking what abot those bonnet pins you can get for them do they hold it down well and do you reckon i should do that?
  2. theres nowhere for the washer jets.does anyone know if there is there anyway around drilling holes in the bonnet is there anywhere else i can put them?
  3. on the original bonnet there is like a material bit attached underneith but there isn't on this one and i am worried that it might melt it or am i being stupid?
  4. theres no where to put a thing to hold it up
all in all it was really badly made theres no bloody holes for anything that needs to go on, thay havn't lined up the catch properly n i think its f**king melting so for £380 i think i could have done a better job if i had made the bloody thing myself from scatch.

Sorry for the rant we all like a good moan now and again lol

Mégane RS
middo put his waher jets on the scuttle pannel under the windscreen, on the new meganes the washers lie on the underside of the bonnet so you could glue them there, too risky to drill the CF

Mégane RS
also wont melt at all,

the bonnet catch and hinges are the hardest parts to do

what i done was loosen the hinges and catch, put the bonnet down so it just clicks but not locked in, then released it and carefully lift the bonnet and tighten the hinges and catch and they should work as good as normal

hope this helps Vinny

Chocolate Bar™
yep washer goes on the scuttle panel. However get a fiat seicento washer jet as they have three jets so you can cover the whole windscreen with one jet. If you want any more info pm me :)

MK1 Clio 16v
Instead of doing it that way, extend the pipes up your window wipers and have it spray directly onto the windscreen in front of the wiper. Much more effective i reckon.

With regards to carbon bonnets, my friends also didn't have a hole for the stand, seems daft to me..

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
cliokiz said:
Instead of doing it that way, extend the pipes up your window wipers and have it spray directly onto the windscreen in front of the wiper. Much more effective i reckon.

I was the original pioneer of these ;) Worked an absolute treat.