ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just FYI - Turini's are c1.4kg lighter than a standard 182 wheel

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
As I was fitting some newly refurbed Turini and had both types of wheels to hand and wondered how much lighter a Turini is …

An original Turini (38.5) weighs 8.3kg, which is c. 1.4kg lighter than a standard 182 wheel at 9.7kg.

Attachments

• Turini vs standard wheel weight.JPG
    Turini vs standard wheel weight.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 45

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
That bag of sugar per wheel really makes a big difference
Does when you swap them out for something that's reasonably light (circa 6.5kg). The difference in steering feel and response alone is night and day from a 3kg drop per corner of un-sprung rotational mass. They look cool though so i get it. :)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Does when you swap them out for something that's reasonably light (circa 6.5kg). The difference in steering feel and response alone is night and day from a 3kg drop per corner of un-sprung rotational mass. They look cool though so i get it. :)
You just wanted to justify the £800 you spent on new wheels 😉😂

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Ha, ive spent way more than that on shite i don't need. No justification needed. Lol
Just be careful not to have a go in another clio with sensible wheels on, youre likely to rip the steering wheel off if you use you usual amount of input :D