ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got a das6-pro DA - some questions

L-Y Clio 197 F1
hey hey just took my das6pro out for a quick go on a small patch of paint work that I'd washed, clayed etc etc. just to see what sort of results I could get. I've got the mezema intro kit from CYC so only got a medium cutting compound and a 2 different hard foam compound pads + a polish/finishing pad.

So i started out with the SF4500 with the finishing pad just to get a feel then worked up to the hardest pad and switched up to the IP2100 cut to start trying to get some of these horrid swirls/holograms/light scratches. After 3 passes with the most cutting combo (going very slowly in straight lines, left to right working up/down, then top to bottom working left/right) I've not really come out with the amazing results I'd hoped for - though there's definitely an improvement with a large reduction in the swirls it's still very noticeable under light.

Will repeat passes with this pad/cut compound eventually bring out greater results? or will it only go to a certain point of swirl removal before I have to step up to a heavier cutting compound?

Also I'm a little confused how much pressure to use when polishing - If I only use the weight of my hands with no pressure I don't feel like I'm doing anything to the paintwork and if i press too hard it feels like the machine wants to pull away from my steered pattern. And should the 5 small dots of polish still be visible on the underside of the pad when Ive finished with a pass? usually go left to right 4 times and the same up/down.

Any input much appreciated :)