ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got into photography

02 172, 07 AstraVan
Just bought myself a Sony Nex5 as its suits my needs, very good camera i love it.

here's a few pics i took with it comments welcome bad or good hints or tips on how to make them better next time.

Sorry got a bit carried away adding pics.

ae75f5a1.jpg

b6fbe6f6.jpg

3d15db33.jpg

a78c45bb.jpg

9e2e3113.jpg

cecc3d7b.jpg

9859fefc.jpg

7148d16f.jpg

08010bde.jpg

A red missile
I'd say they were pretty damn good for a first effort, some really good shots in there, I like how you've not made the mistake a lot do of trying to get the subject dead central in your pictures.

Liking the depth of field as well, again a lot of people get hung up on having every inch of a shot razor sharp, to me all that does is make images flat and a bit dull, overall, some damn fine shots there, I like :)

oh and the pooches are cute too ;)

Oil Burner
Not bad at all for a first effort.

Crit:

Try not to cut the edge off objects/subjects, its nicer to try and get the whole object in, or crop it so extremely that you cant see that the shot is nearly at the edge of the object.

Get horizons horizontal.

Perhaps exaggerate the rules of thirds more in some shots. Like you have in the shot of the footpath sign.

Favourite shot is the footpath shot.

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
Good effort there for a newbie. I still dont know how the feck you do those grey pics with the collar being red.