ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got my wheels back from the refurb

Clio 172
As stated above I've just had my wheels refurbished @Citypowdercoaters Birmingham.

58E4DCE3-8667-479C-99AD-C35243B7F851_zps7fdbyt4w.gif

For £20 per rim the quality of work is awesome

Westfield, 182, 200
They did the wife's 197, took the old tyres off and fitted brand new ones for me £125-hope they still do the tyres as have a couple of sets for them.
Got a set of 172 alloys, whatare you going to do with the centre caps?

2001 Clio 172
Ah they look amazing! I need somewhere up here to charge that low and provide such quality!

Clio 172
They did the wife's 197, took the old tyres off and fitted brand new ones for me £125-hope they still do the tyres as have a couple of sets for them.
Got a set of 172 alloys, whatare you going to do with the centre caps?

One of my mates has a compressor and has offered to spray them for me as he's recently had his done the same colour.

Very nice mate, that's the sort of colour I fancy getting mine done! :D

Is it just the face or do they spray the backs as well?

Also, is that price just for spraying or did they fill kerb marks etc?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
yeah they remove and add tyres

charge £10 a rim. so it would cost £30 a rim then.

happy with mine - had the VRS rims done in sparking silver.

clio wheels will be looked at over winter

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Our local powdercoaters that I had my Turinis done at charges £1 an inch. So 16'' wheels are £16 a wheel and so on.

Quality was very good too. Yours look a similar colour to what I had mine done in.

6005344995_7399379aeb_b.jpg

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Our local powdercoaters that I had my Turinis done at charges £1 an inch. So 16'' wheels are £16 a wheel and so on.

Good deal, especially as they're losing out the bigger the wheel gets, because of diameter, they need some sort of factorial pricing structure if they do the maths properly - getting 19" wheels done for 19 quid a corner is silly cheap, how recent was this?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Good deal, especially as they're losing out the bigger the wheel gets, because of diameter, they need some sort of factorial pricing structure if they do the maths properly - getting 19" wheels done for 19 quid a corner is silly cheap, how recent was this?

Mine were a few years back however my mate had some done a few months ago at the same cost, so it's still current.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Mine were a few years back however my mate had some done a few months ago at the same cost, so it's still current.

That's really good - current information was one of the hardest things to find when looking at reviews etc, finding Pistonheads threads that say XYZ Powder will do them for 20 quid a corner, and finding out that was in 2009, and now they want 50 quid a corner. :dapprove:

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
took about a week for mine. hope to do the clios over winter now

Clio 172
Yeah 8 days all in for mine they did sort 3 of mine really well but one had a chunk missing so they just flattened it out.

I'm very happy tho:p

This is the one that had the chunk missing

AA4C4170-F090-4609-A7E2-B67503F72956_zps72uo37gq.gif

AD2F0D6F-BBAB-434E-BC26-8CDC661CFB8C_zps7o6tz6xq.gif

B97602C9-D219-4BD5-91C2-552390E61FBE_zpscqnysdna.gif

D3A40943-1EE5-4158-8DB1-7B5A6E1BF4D6_zpsu0unowyz.gif

Clio 172
What's happening to the last wheel? Is it staying like that?

Well I've still got 5 172 alloys so I'm thinking I might get the best one done to match and keep the damaged one as a road spare.
I'm going to get the others done something funky as track wheels at some point, still undecided on colour I might go tango orange.