ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just got pulled by the cops

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

fair cop really, was going round a roundabout, saw a police car waiting to pull onto the roundabout, i exited the rb and saw the cop car following in the mirror. then he switched his blue lights and flashing headlights on. oh crap i thought, switching off my front fogs (knowing full well its an offence to have them on when it isnt foggy) so anyway, he asks me if i knows its an offence blah blah blah "no" says i... anyway we get in the car, he asks me loads of about questions about who owns the car, how long ive had it etc etc. he starts writing out a ticket, tells me to take my documents to the station within 7 days, if i do this then no further action, if i dont then ill be in bother.

are there any policemen/women on here, if so could you explain something: am i right in thinking that for this offence, as long as i produce my documents nothing else will happen, but if i dont then ill get my £50 fine? on the back of the form he gave me it says "the law provides that a person who has failed to produce the documents listed......shall not be convicted of the offence if.......are produced within 7days at a police station blah blah blah" so what does this mean, that you can commit any road traffic offence and get away with it as long as you produce your documents?!!

i aint p1ssed off, its a fair cop- i knew it was an offence and i still had them on. just thought id share it with you all!

Clio v6

It was foggy I take it, otherwise why did you have your fog lights on?

Why should a police officer stop you on a foggy night for having your fog lights on. Surely your where doing the correct thing?

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

um no, in the cops words "its the clearest day weve had all year", i had them on because they look good, stupid i know.:oops: im taking the bulbs out of them in the morning!!:(

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

yes but wouldnt he have given me another bit of paper, other than this document production thing?

to begin with he said he was going to give me two bits of paper but he only gave me one in the end.

Renault Clio 1.8 RSi

you have a point dash.

its just not been my day, was late for work this morning, got b0ll0cked all day about stuff and then this. hopefully tomorrow will be better:(

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

nah seriously rich most people you drive past wont be saying look at that cool car with the fogs on.. most will say look at that t**ser with the fogs on (harsh I know but it hits a nerve and pisses me off)

Anyway, I always say I wish the stupid pigs would pull people for having their fogs on when it clearly isnt foggy.. hehe.. they must have heard me one of these times.

Elise/VX220/R26

give the guy a break lads f**k me. I sh*t myself when I got my first producer, I though I was gonna end up doing time or summat!

Elise/VX220/R26

give the guy a break lads f**k me. I sh*t myself when I got my first producer, I though I was gonna end up doing time or summat!

Quote: Originally posted by weight on 21 June 2003

you got a 7 day wonder! no problem!

produce your docs, end of!

you are clear!
yup i get em all the time, just get em produced in 7 days and nothing will happen

if they are gonna report u they either read you your rights there and then or tell u to expect a NIP in the post

Suzuki SV650

I got a producer for sod all. When I first got my car I had a chromed tailpipe on, still had my original 13s with the original wheel trims, it was 11pm at night and I was wearing a cap and my (then) g/f was in the passenger seat. Police followed me for about 2 minutes before pulling me over, for sod all. Hadnt been ragging it or going through red lights or anything, no foglights on either. Didnt see the fecking poing in it at all.

Just take all ur docs in to the rozzer station asap and ur clear.

the first time i got one was when i was 17, didnt have a license or insurance and was driving a rover 600 - i was a named driver but without someone not insured, i had a m8 and 4 in the bk, biggest mistake of my life and was such a slap back to reaility, never been so scraned in my life heh, but i escaped without anything to my name :)