ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just got R Sport ECU

Coming in the post tommorow, DIY plugin, once got to ECU, 198+VAT, so same price as superchip and can be easily swapped in minutes. Mint. Tim O.

Cant wait to have a slightly higher limiter. Like my Mk1. Done.

Tim O. Let the mods commence.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

whats the point in the higher rev limit, your power is tails off a few revs before the standard limiter..

thats why it tells you to change gear before the limiter is close, because you will get better acceleration from changing up sooner and hitting the higher torque at the lower revs (4-5krpm)

Its possible the the new ECU will have moved the powerband further up the rev range to increase bhp?

nope....you cant cahnge a powerband that mich without changing cam profile, electronics can do alot, but not alter the peak potential of an engine.

The point of a higher rev limit comes in handy when you need ot hold a gear longer. IN terms of acceleration yes, you will proably be better off shifting at the optimum rpm. But, if your mid corner and you need to shift up, its not great for balance of the car, and short shifting before the corner is nto always so nice for times. SO, holding on for those few extra hundred rpm means ot get can round the corner without shifting, and you dont need all that much power as your already in a corner and the main factor will be traction.

Does anyone know if it still keeps the lower limiter RPM when the engine is cold or does it do away with that all together. Was going to get a private reg but i might wait to get the R-sport ECU but i will wait for conclusive proof from you guys as to how good they are.