ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had a call from Renault UK

Lee

BMW M2C

I got one of these not long after getting my 172. I bought it from Motorpoint not a main dealer!!!

renault uk once called me to ask me about a service id just had, I gave them so much grief they ended up hanging up on me, but 2 days later i got a cheque for compensation

350z & 16v Maxi

I didnt even buy it from a Renault dealer, I think I might have registered it on the Renault website ages ago, but had the car almost 3 years and think I registered it when I first got it and never received a call before. I was p!ssing myself.

Thing is i love my car, dont have problems with it so gave them no grief. Ive never had my car in a Renault garage since ive had it.

Clio v6

I got a call from Renault asking how my 172 was? I told them I sold it 2 years ago, and own a V6. Toomeys rang me a week later asking how my....

172 was ?

Ok he said, Ill scrub you off our list. The very same salesman rang me a week later.:oops:

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

I usually get one call a year even though i ve never brough a new one or one from any renault garage.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Renault used to ring me ages ago, when I was thinking about buying a Renault. Now Ive got one they dont seem to call!!

I can (possibly) explain this.

I used to work for Capital Bank (its now part Bank of Scotland) and Capital Bank and Renault UK together are known as Renault Financial Services (you may have heard of them ;) )

RFS was set up mainly to provide vehicle finance through dealers, but thanks to being run by Capital Bank and BoS they can offer personal finance and have an army of poor buggers wired into The Matrix whose sole job is to call Renault owners and try and sell them some finance.

Ideally, the first time you call them, you just have a chat but you introduce yourself as calling from "Renault" conveniently leaving off the "Financial Services part. To be honest, though, we were always advised NOT to ask how the car was as you could end up getting a load of abuse from an unhappy customer, which might jeapordise your chances of a sale.

Thanks God I got a real job and was able to leave...