ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had a 'lovely' treat when I came back to my car....

A silver one
So me and the mrs have just been to see the Zutons at the Apollo in Manchester. Ace night and all. Get back to the car and some fucker has broken in.

I s**t myself at first cuz I saw a sign about clamping that I missed when I parked. Checked the wheels and all was good......

Went to get in and the drivers door has been bent open from the top and forced open. All the seats were pulled forward so they could get in the boot. They'd tossed everythin about inside, cd's and papers all over the floor. Had a check round and all they've taken is my £12 tire compressor from Argos and my swipe card to get into work! What a waste of time.

They left all my cds, all my cash that was in the centre console and my mrs £300 coat!

Phoned the police and they gave me a reference number.... ACE! Had to drive back to Stoke with the bloody wind and rain in my face!

Will try and post some pics of the door in the morning.

A silver one
Anyone experienced this before and have a rough idea of how much it might cost to fix as I don't really wana go through the insurance?

The door does still lock and the window works. Its a 53 1.2 Dynamique.

think my mate paid about 450.00 for a new door .

when they done his it was outside his house cheeky fooker's

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
should be less than £100 for a second hand one and if you can get it in the same colour bonus

A silver one
I guess that's an advantage of having one of the 'faster' black ones. They're a lot more common :D

mk1 clio 1.8rt
little f**kwits, i have had alot of trouble with idiots in the area where i live, and the police are about as much use as a fudge manifold!! ive had about 5 incidents with mine and yet the police still got no lead!! firstly it started when i had a 1.4rt standard they had the wheel trims!! cost £40 from renault that will be why they went! next attempt was at the lock they pushed a screwdriver through left a nasty hole but no break in!! so i filled the holeand sprayed it then the fkers poked the filler out and stole a £180 kenwood head unit (the one night we forgot to bring the facia in). so i welded upround the locks!! we changed cars to a 1.8rt! they broke in leaving no evidence of a break in and stole a kenwood sub and amp pioneer 6x9s and a strimmer cds and the paperwork (mot logbook service history e.t.c) as me and my gf had just returned from scotland and took them with us! the facia was indoors so the head unit was left! and to top it off recently ive had the m3 mirrors snapped of so thier no use to nobody! the cars were parked in well lit high visibility areas and were alarmed i dont understand how they get away with it!!! anyway we're moving away in the next few weeks so i hope the situation improves!! i am sorry to hear about your clio mate really do sympathise

little f**kwits, i have had alot of trouble with idiots in the area where i live, and the police are about as much use as a fudge manifold!! ive had about 5 incidents with mine and yet the police still got no lead!! firstly it started when i had a 1.4rt standard they had the wheel trims!! cost £40 from renault that will be why they went! next attempt was at the lock they pushed a screwdriver through left a nasty hole but no break in!! so i filled the holeand sprayed it then the fkers poked the filler out and stole a £180 kenwood head unit (the one night we forgot to bring the facia in). so i welded upround the locks!! we changed cars to a 1.8rt! they broke in leaving no evidence of a break in and stole a kenwood sub and amp pioneer 6x9s and a strimmer cds and the paperwork (mot logbook service history e.t.c) as me and my gf had just returned from scotland and took them with us! the facia was indoors so the head unit was left! and to top it off recently ive had the m3 mirrors snapped of so thier no use to nobody! the cars were parked in well lit high visibility areas and were alarmed i dont understand how they get away with it!!! anyway we're moving away in the next few weeks so i hope the situation improves!! i am sorry to hear about your clio mate really do sympathise

f**k me, do you live in Bagdad?

Any CCTV? Thats pretty much all the police can rely on if no one sees him do it (or comes forward, most people dont!!) and its not reported at the time it happens...

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
f*****s sooo gay, although they didnt take the most important stuff the absolute c***s, y brake in god sake, wats a ref No for

BMW Z4 3.0i
Sorry to hear it mate. Poor show for my home city. Ardwick isn't the nicest of places though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
damn i'm going watching the game at the apollo in a few weeks, i'll go in ma mates car haha unlucky !!

A silver one
f**kers sooo gay, although they didnt take the most important stuff the absolute c**ks, y brake in god sake, wats a ref No for

The reference number is what you need if you are claiming on your insurance. I've got some pics now, but I haven't got a clue how to post them?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
This is why I will never upgrade the ICE in any car I have.

Not worth the worry and hassle in my opinion.

Gutted for ye mate. Sub human scum and they'll get away with it until one day they get caught and fined £100.

Man that sucks... but I can't help feeling that its someone you know!!

you have to follow simple rules regarding ICE...

1, NEVER fit it outside your house use a family members.
2, NEVER brag about it or show off
3, NEVER play it loud close to where you live!

cos you know what they are like, if you stand still long enough they'll have your shoe laces!! I wish you better luck tho mate.

172cup
Aye true, go fo the old stealth shelf with face off no one ver knows! But I had a bad experience with my wee 1.2 16v, someone keyed the side. On the same night some environmental crackers wrote wrong on every panel on 3 4x4's in my area costing £22000 in damage. Can't help but feel they attempted on mine first but i ll never know unless they fit cctv on street.

If anyone touchs the 172 - I ll be in Durham prison!!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Unlucky mate, happend to a friends 306 outside his house, didnt get in though, they tried the same method

for pics:

Host them on photobucket and use this format

b]

Mini Cooper S sport
b******s :( takes them 10 seconds to get in and costs hundreds to repair, and no-one ever seems to catch them doing it.

Why bend the door, why not just smash a window and open the door from the inside, or press that button on the dash that unlocks them???
Scum, feel sorry for you mate,

f**k me, do you live in Bagdad?

Certainly lives in a world without punctuation ;)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a check round and all they've taken is my £12 tire compressor from Argos and my swipe card to get into work! What a waste of time.

They left all my cds, all my cash that was in the centre console and my mrs £300 coat!

Where do you work? To most that seems a pointless break in, unless they want to get into where you work in which case job done :)

A silver one
Right then here we go. First time I've done this so fingers crossed.

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

Tossers!

EDIT: sorry for the poor quality, they're off my phone.

Clio DCi 65
Ref no if for insurance as you need it off the police to confirm the incident,

Same thing happened to me last night,

You got off lucky i guess... (Look on ebay for a door, should be cheap)

Sat nav, headunit and a nice passenger window :<

Clio DCi 65
l

Man that sucks... but I can't help feeling that its someone you know!!

you have to follow simple rules regarding ICE...

1, NEVER fit it outside your house use a family members.
2, NEVER brag about it or show off
3, NEVER play it loud close to where you live!

cos you know what they are like, if you stand still long enough they'll have your shoe laces!! I wish you better luck tho mate.

Thats so true,

Bet some c0ck overheard me in the pub wen i told my mates i'd just got one,

Cant believe the window was smashed,

left my school bag on back seat and my spare amp on the back seat floor, 69's all amped up on the shelf aswell

If they knew anything about cars they would of known that all the RCA cables etc means i have an amp in the boot or something

T0ssers

A silver one
I think the next time I leave my car anywhere like that I'll leave the glovebox open and take the parcel shelf out before I leave so they can see there's nothing in there.

Probably get my windows put through for my efforts though :(