ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had a visit from this...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Brother randomly popped in as he is putting some mileage on this:

McLaren mp4-12c 50th anniversary edition.

nejehasu.jpg

enaje4a7.jpg

yva2u6ad.jpg

ynavesa2.jpg

8anupasu.jpg

2eqahanu.jpg

yvy2upag.jpg

a3u5aje7.jpg

upy8u2e3.jpg

5epuvyhu.jpg

a9e6ybag.jpg

ysyjunym.jpg

e7yga4us.jpg

That looks a real b*stard to get out of!! But I love it!!

I emailed them once for a brochure on one (I've got a lot of Mclaren stuff) did they reply ? did they f*ck :(

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Lucky bugger. Does he work for them? One of my good friends does..

He does indeed.

This is 1 of 50 limited '50th Anniversary' editions that are bing made, not aware of the specifics of the spec changes other than the Front Bumper and wheels.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

I emailed them once for a brochure on one (I've got a lot of Mclaren stuff) did they reply ? did they f*ck :(

TBH it's not bad to get in and out of, no worse than a Vee TBH.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
He does indeed.

This is 1 of 50 limited '50th Anniversary' editions that are bing made, not aware of the specifics of the spec changes other than the Front Bumper and wheels.

Couple of my old mans mates work there as well. Chris Goodwin amongst others?

You should have said you were dk.

Why is it covered in blue tape and bin liners?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Why is it covered in blue tape and bin liners?

It's a new press car that's just in the process of having the engine run in, only had 36 miles on the clock.

'Bin bag' and tape is there to keep the paint fresh before it's shipped off to somewhere in UAE.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I found they are surprisingly easy to enter/exit. I bet your brother hates his job....

Yes, loathes flying all over the world working with super cars, just back from 3 weeks in China, flys out to Japan for 18 days next week, then off to UAE then off to California, it's a hard life but someone's got to do it.

If anyone's on Instagram his account is worth a follow: @trackdog99

Lol!!

Yes, loathes flying all over the world working with super cars, just back from 3 weeks in China, flys out to Japan for 18 days next week, then off to UAE then off to California, it's a hard life but someone's got to do it.

If anyone's on Instagram his account is worth a follow: @trackdog99
What does he do there ?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What does he do there ?

Marketing & Press Support Engineer

He seems to spend most of his life flying here there and everywhere to drive McLarens & other high end cars with various press people. Also helps with set up of cars for shows and new dealerships worldwide.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think i'm very very jealous! He has some lovely watches and possibly the best job in the world.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Love it.

Although i tend to agree with Craig, i'd need to be like a f**king Russian gymnast getting in and out of that!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I think i'm very very jealous! He has some lovely watches and possibly the best job in the world.

That he does mate, also owns a nice cottage in Surrey and has a fit Polish Bird if that helps you decide lol.

Leon Cupra 300
Nice to be able to experience cars like that.

I've read articles saying they'd all have a 458 over one.. I wouldn't, no chance.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
TBF so do I...

I can't complain though as I do get the odd perk from work, not quite in the same league as the car above but work were kind enough to loan me this whilst the clio was with S&MWM for 2 weeks -

avavebat.jpg

Was very much appreciated.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
WOW :cool:

They probably needed you to forward a copy of your bank statement first!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Love how they always use detailing tape. When they used to visit where I used to work, they'd always use a fleet/test car. Always covered in tape lol.