ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

just had ago with a 182

EVO VII

just had a little encounter with a 182. must admit they do look nice. power wise ill stick with my mk 1 172 ;)

i really like the back on 182s would like to have ago of one. just to compare ride e.t.c

Can you comment further on the power thing mate? Did you leather it? I thought the cars were all pretty much equal across the board? from 172 to 182?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by JayGTT on 13 April 2005
just had a little encounter with a 182. must admit they do look nice. power wise ill stick with my mk 1 172 ;)i really like the back on 182s would like to have ago of one. just to compare ride e.t.c

Stick a 182 bumper on and get a custom 182 style exhaust, what my mate did :)

The 182 bumper went straight on, despite what some people say.

From what Ive heard its the tyres on the 182 that makes it handle better (apparently). Apart from that they are both pretty much the same.

Theres a yellow 182 around my way that looks fantastic and Id be tempted if the car was slightly easier to tune!

mk1 172

how can people say that its the tyres that make a car handle better ?

in my oppinion its down to the driver !!!

Quote: Originally posted by darswold on 13 April 2005

To a certain extent, but of course tyre choice can make a difference. (On the track anyway ;))

assuming all other things are equal (Car, Driver etc), then the tyre choice can make a massive difference. road or track.

Vee dub

There is a girl who drives a mk1 172 in Bristol with a 182 style rear bumper and exhausts. Really doesnt suit the mk 1 but thats just my view.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Green on 14 April 2005

assuming all other things are equal (Car, Driver etc), then the tyre choice can make a massive difference. road or track.

Exactly right, i mean just look at the difference between the lotus elise, and the newer exige. There isnt a huge difference between the cars, but the tyres are different and the exige has 10 times more grip than the elise (as shown on top gear once, where they made up a round about, started each car opposite, and the exige lapped the elise after about 6 laps of the roundabout.

EVO VII

this was a blue 182 with the white strips 05 plate.

power wise there was nothing in it and i had a passinger.

MK 1s all the way lol :D

Yaris Hybrid

I would expect most 172s to be easily on a par with my 6 month old 54 plate 182 due to them having a nice loose motor.

As for an 05 plate, well I reckon my 4k 182 would pull a good few lengths on one of those in a straight line given how much better mine is now compared to when it was new.