ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had my car slammed at BBPT

I took my 16v clio to BBPT on monday to get the 50mm apex kit fitted

when i went to pick it up i expected it to be sitting on the floor, it was low but not "slammed" which is wot i would expect from 50mm

i looked at the code on the apex box and it says SP150-4010-40

http://www.racingonline.nl/webhosting/apex/apex_db_show2.php?MERK=Renaulthttp://www.racingonline.nl/webhosting/apex/apex_db_show2.php?MERK=Renault

look here, then match the code, is it me or have i been given a 40mm kit???!!!!!!

Was this a genuine mistake or do they sell 40mm kits as 50mm ones?

im not happy with the height of my car, it isnt low enough

anyone had any experience with them or these kits?

any advice?

cheers

yours looks a bit lower than mine m8

i want the SP150-4020-60 kit, 60mm

there isnt a 50mm kit on the website, and the code on the box i got matches the 40mm kit :confused:

i drove 8 hours down to BBPT n im just a bit pissed off cos my car aint as low as it should be:mad:

oic m8, well i went for the apex "50mm" full kit, but according to the apex website they only make 40mm and 60mm kits

the code on my "50mm" box matches the 40mm code

it isnt very low at all really, done about 1000 miles still looking averagely lowered, i wanted SLAMMED not just lowered

v nice car btw m8

they were very friendly and the service was excellent, couldnt fault it at all, didnt take them long to do it at all.

have they just put the wrong kit on my car by mistake?

Id ring them and say that, from what you can make out, the numbers on the kit you were told/thought was a 50mm kit matches that of a 40mm kit - hence, youre concerned that its not what you paid for. This makes them aware that there may be a problem and you may be in touch again soon. Then give it a couple of weeks to see if they bed in any lower than they are now. If youre still not happy then get in touch with them again and speak to them about it. I cant say what they might say but the words yes or no will come into it somewhere!

Oh, and I hope you get it how you want it. :)

Titanium 182

OH f**k!

iv just orderd my apex kit and i want slammed, i orderd 50mm, as the aperntly do 30mm and 50mm, so iwent for the 50mm

the code on my box says sp150 4020 60

i think there for mine is a 60mm kit? i hope it is, i got all worried when i read this!

yea m8, u got the 60mm kit!!!!

did u order from BBPT???

if so they have put the wrong kit on my car!!!!

fancy a swap?? ;)

ill ring BBPT and tell em, cos i want slammed and at the minute my car is not

well ya rear is just needs the Torsion bars tuning a spline to get it lower, as for the fronts ??? sound like the springs arnt low enoguh

Titanium 182

yeh, looks like i got them 60mm kit, when i though it was only 50, thats gonna be low on 17s, :D

wicked, hopefully il have tyre in the arch action!

I got some -50mm springs from BBPT and to be honest I was a little disappointed too. I was expecting it lower. Still pleased with it, but tbh it looks more like 30-40mm

Titanium 182

right lads, if off out side to fit my 60s, wont take that long, pics will be up if sum 1 hosts

Titanium 182

lol ok

any hows iv hit sum problems, some b*****d has rounded the allen key on top of the shocker, they only way i can see fit to get the strut out now is using the grinder and going sick!

i e-mail BBPT this afternoon and within 10 minutes they rang me and told me they used the 40mm kit (has the same shocks as the 60mm kit apparanantly) but used 50mm springs

Which is fair enough, so thats orite

Just doesnt seem as low as i wanted it thats all, any1 got some 17s for sale?

Titanium 182

i did have sum msitaly vt5s for sale, let em go for 300 in the end they were spot on 2

my front end should be down 70mm 2moro