ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just had the steering rack end changed and the track rod end but ..

Iceberg 172
Just had these changed on the 172 but there is still a knocking when plodding over pot holes and bumps. It would seem its either the arb bushes or Tue lower ball joint on the wish bone to blame now. I'm going to get them both done so hopefully that will sort it. But my question is which lower ball joint do I need? I've seen posts with people ghetto modding ones with 10mm holes to fit the 172 but I gather I need a 12mm one? Can anyone verify this.

Then there is the problem of the arb bushes. Read a bit about them and some say it isn't worth the extra for powerflex and others cream over them. I'm not tracking the car in the near future but i would like the handling tight. So can someone advise me on those too? Cheers!

172 is 12mm ball joint bolts.

For road use I imagine the oem arb bushes would be just fine (and cheaper)

Iceberg 172
Update, so I tried the washer mod. Didn't work. I also got the arb bushes powerflexed and they seemed to stop it for a while. However, its back again. So I either think its the arb knocking or the wishbones because after being tightened it stopped and then came back. So I'm going to replace the lower ball joints and hope that solves it. Anyone have any other ideas?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is it making any noise when stationary?

Do you get a "cracking" noise when whipping the lock on/off in either direction?

Iceberg 172
That would be great mate, I'm going through street twice today though to pick up some wheels so are you available today at all?

Iceberg 172
Well Dan believes its the front shocks as they have started to leak. They weren't leaking a few months back when I got the springs fitted. But at 40k its understandable. So time to upgrade to the cup shocks on the front! While he is at it he will replace the top mounts. Rear shocks are still fine. Hopefully that will sort it!