ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered my 197

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Finally took the plunge and ordered a 197 in red with xenons, tyre pressure monitor, electric folding mirrirs and tints. Should be around 5 weeks before I get my hands on her but should be worth the wait. The looks are still growing on me but I loved the test drive and found the car to be more than fast enough for me. Only things I might do is get a sunstrip fitted and get a mortorised cd/dvd unit installed and er....a speed camera detector lol. I'm going to be sensible with this car though - want to look after it and not abuse it as tempting as that will be. I'll get pics up when I get her and I'll report back on how I find it etc.

Thanks to Parks in Coatbridge for a really good service so far.

Martin

doesnt the 197 come with sun visors as standard?

good choice in colour, red ones are very nice. Hope you got a good deal?

Burgandy 174 sport t
MTM said:
Finally took the plunge and ordered a 197 in red with xenons, tyre pressure monitor, electric folding mirrirs and tints. Should be around 5 weeks before I get my hands on her but should be worth the wait. The looks are still growing on me but I loved the test drive and found the car to be more than fast enough for me. Only things I might do is get a sunstrip fitted and get a mortorised cd/dvd unit installed and er....a speed camera detector lol. I'm going to be sensible with this car though - want to look after it and not abuse it as tempting as that will be. I'll get pics up when I get her and I'll report back on how I find it etc.

Martin

I like the so far bit, just make sure they dont steal ur xenons like they did with me!!!

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Didn't get a discount on the car but didn't ask for one. I did however get a years tax and a professional service so I'm happy with that. I bought one of my civics from Parks and haven't a bad thing to say about them. Up in Scotland I think they're a cut above the likes of Mr Clark and the like (I'll say no more).

How do u mean steal ur xenons ian?

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
and yeah, sun visors as standard - I like the look of a legal, dark sunstrip that's all - nothing set in stone though

Burgandy 174 sport t
teacher?!?!?! its Iain.

Anyways, yeah I bought a new (well pre reg) 172 from them in 2004, when I test drove it etc it had xenons few days after I picked it up I noticed it didnt. they told me reno must have forgot to put them in it at the factory. Maybe they were telling the truth right enough.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
nice one mate .... still never seen your civic about !
i drove a 197 yesterday ... have to admit i loved it but it was still lacking that older car feel like the 182 has but i may have to have one ;)

MTM said:

Martin

lol if i was to get one thats what i would get and spec, although i would have to get the seats and climate as well, i reckon i could live with it easier

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
you must have more money than sense, I'm ordering a fully loaded Megane 225 with leather Recaros for virtually the 197 base price.

Dont have driverslicence
Nice one, red looks good on the 197..

rsvkvvischer8ma.jpg

VooraanzichtRS.jpg

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
C- for me lol sorry Iain.

Nice pics there. To be honest, I think the car's worth the money, from initial impressions at least. Ross, hopefully you'll see me about in the 197 lol. I was tempted by the climate and it did look good in the demonstrator but the manual air cons enough for me and I didn't want to go ott with the price. As for the 225 - I like the fact it's very fast but I'm drawn towards the looks of the clio more. Will look forward to hearing what you think of it tho Gareth.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yes Fletch. You've chosen a good car MTM, don't get me wrong, if I was opting for the 197 I think I would choose Red as well, I can see where you are coming from with the clio looking better than the 225 and in some ways I totally agree, the clio does look more 'fresh' and inviting somehow, its just for the money the Megane is an excellent buy with all its features and speed.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
passed an F1 edition on the M8 today and it was impressive. Wonder how you'll find the handbrake - certainly a change from the norm.

A well built VW
Parks AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! dont mention them to me

Red looks really nice on the new clio but i still cant say i like the look and hope it drives better than a dynamique model i drove oops , enjoy !!

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
lol I hope it drives better than the dynamique you drove too!

Bad experience with Parks mate? which one? coatbridge?

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
well I can only hope Renault have dealt with some of these niggles on the 197 and should I be unlucky, that sort of thing would be covered under warranty I believe.

Leon Cupra 300
i thought they worked by measuing the rolling radiusof the wheel compared to the other 4.. and when one drops a little bit compared to the other 4 alarm bells ring

Brisol my lover..
i noticed you said they gave you a years rd tax, thats inc in the list price anyway...as for tyre pressure i would stay well clear of them:dapprove: , radio upgrade is a must as they only come with 2 speekers. sounds like a real nice car im driving a red one at the moment;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
MTM said:
passed an F1 edition on the M8 today and it was impressive. Wonder how you'll find the handbrake - certainly a change from the norm.

I've driven a megane with the funny shape handbrake and i had no problems with it whatsoever.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
yeah the handbrake is no different to use, just an interesting change of scene. Its a bit 'TopGun' lol.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i thought it was ok last year when i had a megane cabrio on holiday.

197 is a decent choice, i think that after xmas when stealers are v quiet then it will drop in price as stealers have the usual january struggle.

Parks seem better than clark from my experience, is the coatbridge one just at whifflet train station? im sure its near a train station?.....

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Didn't realise the road tax was incl. in the price. I'll cross my fingers and hope the tyre monitor doesn't play up. As for the stereo, I'll prob get rid of the nasty standard cd player asap and maybe upgrade the speakers.

A well built VW
MTM said:
lol I hope it drives better than the dynamique you drove too!

Bad experience with Parks mate? which one? coatbridge?

Nah the one in Dunfermline bunch of tossers and RCS didn't help much either

Enjoy the car matey

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I hope for your sake the sensors don't play up MTM. I knew they were awful thats why I avoided that option. Suprised you didn't go for climate as that makes the interior much nicer IMO.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
yeah agreed ado but It's just a waste of dosh for me. I wouldn't use it and hopefully the motorised screen will help with the interior looks. What's the situation with mats? Do Renault stock RS mats etc?

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Hey folks - Although I haven't been posting for donkeys I've been lingering in the background reading away. To update - I didn't go through with the purchase of my red 197 due to personal circumstances. However, I'm pleased to say I pick up a new unregistered nimbus 197 tomorrow which I'm really excited about. I dont have tyre pressure monitors or any of the fancy options this time which might be better given some of the replies on here. I have the car booked in for rear tints and a sunstrip on Saturday and have my Meguirs ready for a pampering session lol.

Anyways, I'll get some pics up when I collect her tomorrow and hopefully I can get to any scottish meets etc.

cheers Martin