ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk3 1.2 16v project

renault clio 1.2 mk3
hi this is the first car ive started to modify but it is my second after i had a write off in a corsa thanks to a bad dip and a stupid driver! i got the clio in august and found that they were easy to make them good looking!
This is my car when i first got it

the first thing i did with her was replace the standard radio with a sony CD player.
i wanted to get all electrical side sorted so i purchased:
  • LED Registration lights
  • Blue xenon sidelights
  • blue interior lights
  • 10K HID headlight replacement kit (apparently the brightest there is!)
i then bought items to make it look better in my own opinion.
I started with Team HEKO wind deflectors and a shark fin Ariel. once these items was on i decided to save up for some new wheels as the ones i had was too small for me haha!
i choose Calibre 17" matte black multi spokes! i have replaced the centre caps with black and silver Renault 60mm caps!

Wheels getting put on!

everything so far!
134_zps1f45f057.jpg

Whilst i was saving up more funds for further mods to the car, a brick got thrown at the back window of the car whilst i was on my way back from work! (little bast*rds probably!) it lent a couple of really big dints and had scuffed the window! so i thought if im going to get that resprayed and repaired it would be a good chance to get my spoiler sprayed and fitted!

spoiler before fitting!
185_zps4a430abb.jpg

after i saved up ednough money i gave my car up for 3 days to my mate to do his magic!
he came back with this after he filled all the back panel and resprayed and fitted the spoiler
394_zpsa79748aa.jpg

463_zps4d9eba13.jpg

The next thing to do was de wiper the back, and people were using rubber gromets! but my friend who works at b and q told me a better soloution! im not sure what its called but its a chrome plug which goes on a kitchen sink but where the tray is at the side!
437_zpsc5871a93.jpg

i was going to scratch it down and spray it black but i like it in chrome!
461_zps6d078cc3.jpg

Thats it so far! but for futre modifications i am going with:
  • 40mm apex lowering springs
  • limo tint for the back three windows
  • clio mk3 197 front grill
im also not sure whether to wrap my roof in carbon fibre! ive seen it been done here and would like some answers back on what you guys think of it!
034_zps24b303b7.png

033_zps9742be8d.png

okay thats it for now! comments on how i could improve it would be appreciated!

jacob!

Clio mk3
Nice to see you've joined the forum mate haha! Did you get those springs after? I think the roof would look good wrapped!

Clio Mk3 1.6
nice car mate :) I just wanted to add that I'd recommend you get the 45mm H&R springs over the apex ones. I had 35mm apex springs on my mk3 and the ride quality was pretty brutal ;-) The H&R springs have been night and day in comparison.

renault clio 1.2 mk3
nice car mate :) I just wanted to add that I'd recommend you get the 45mm H&R springs over the apex ones. I had 35mm apex springs on my mk3 and the ride quality was pretty brutal ;-) The H&R springs have been night and day in comparison.
how much are these springs at pal?

renault clio 1.2 mk3
i know i havent posted alot on this thread but been busy with work and havent had alot of time! only a couple of changes! first i colour coded the trims to the car and it looks so much better!
IMG_10351_zpsadc89054.jpg

when they were off and gedtting primed and sprayed!
IMG_10261_zps2383f206.jpg

IMG_10301_zps3b4c72e0.jpg

The only other thing i did is de badge the clio off the back!
Next thing i will be doing is spraying the plastic black parts of the car gloss black so it will stand out!

comments please!!! :D