ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just ordered some Toyo Proxes

Well, after reading a few threads on here and looking on mytyres.co.uk I decided to go for the 195/50/15 Proxes (TS1s) as a few of you on here recommend them.

Pain in the backside going from standard Renault size, but in the future the costs will be a lot lower, almost 1/2 the price of the 185/55s.

Anyway, hope they have them in stock and they arrive soon, mine are bald as a coot!

Oh, also, for the people that have these tyres, how long have they lasted? Not too worried due to the lower cost, just out of interest really.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

i got them on my williams when i bought it back in feb!!! still goin ok!!! but have been told they are crap in wet(not that ive noticed)!

H22A7 Accord Type R

i find them really talkative, grip welllllllllll in the dry, probably not the best in the wet, but hey, you just adapt to it. I also have the 195/50s, great value id say

Rob-+

Thought people might complain about the wet, I heard that the T1S are better than the previous type they made, which is why I got them.

I have Avon ZV1s on and even when they were new they werent good in the wet, no grip from standstill etc, hope these are better.

I was asking Kwik Fit if they stocked em (to see if they would price match) and he goes "who?" to the make.

I love the price of them, great value if they live up to the feedback (in the dry) from here. £126.

Where did you get yours Illusion?

[Edited by KeyserSoze on 5/22/2004 2:12:21 AM]

C

Cupster

I have eaten half way through my fronts in 5 months, wish the cup had traction control! Fun in the wet though

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

My Toyo Proxes usually last around 9/10 k which is not too bad considering the price. Thats with some enthuisiastic driving going as well!

i had these.... went thru one fully and the other front one wasnt far behind, and that was in about 6k! which i thought was very good!

They aint too good in the wet but great in the dry!

Sorry, had the double glazing being put in so couldnt go on the net all day.

I read that the latest version of the Proxes, the T1S (?) are better in the wet than the last. Hope so in this country.

My Avons lasted around 20k, but thats with swapping them front for back etc, and they are pretty bad at the moment. Cant wait to actually get some grip.

Check on www.mytyres.co.uk, they may have them in your size.

[Edited by KeyserSoze on 5/23/2004 1:36:54 AM]

I find mine fine in the wet, best wet tyre ive had - but im a lone voice on here with that;)

My Yokos were the best dry tyre ive had for the dry but they virtually vanished in no time (5,000 miles). The Toyos are lasting far better although I find quite a lot of road noise with the Toyos.

The best tyres Ive used we bridgestone S02s not dead due to some sort of tyre rules.

I had my Cup shod in them 2 months ago. I dont theink they are as good as the Continentals that were on originally, but were cheap and the tread pattern looks cool ;)