ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just raced another Valver!!!!!!

mk2 172

right guys, im gonna say it now, but its true cos iv raced two in two days, yesterday a phase one and just now a phase two.

cos i was bored iv just been out on the hunt and to rack up the mileage(currently 950).

i was going round a roundabout and i spotted a mint phase two 16v on a N plate with standard wheels in 449 sports blue. i slowed right down and as he passed( an early 20s lad) he revved it at me, (he had a 3" stailess exhaust btw) so i knew he would play, we came to a roundabout and he gunned it onto it, i follwed fast and got right upto it, we broke off and he nailed it, so did i when he came on cam his cars arse end dropped(looked cool btw) and so did i, he had about 1 and 1/2 lengths on me, when i hit the power in first i flew, then hit second and i started to gain on him and got right upto him by 60. we then got into traffic we were in the outside lane at some lights, i knew that if the guy in fromnt moved over he would drop it straight away, right enough he did and we both nailed it this time i was a car or more behind him climbing upto 55 i was cloing right upto his bumper, so i backed off a tiny bit just under sixty, which gave him a car again, went upto 3rd gear and started to creep back upto his bumper so ibacked off again at about 80 or summat.

so thats it. anyone who talks of wasting one in a standard valver probs wasnt racing a true 16v saxo im sorry to say, if it had been a side by side i would have got away from the off. sorta hurts me to say:(. bear in mind the low mileage on mine as well.

craggy

oh yeah the reg was N833 NDG

i recognise that number plate craggy, if its the woman (looks like a bloke) i think it is.......... then, that car has done 254 thousand million miles and only runs on 2 cylinders!!:D

that is the only way there is to explain your story:devilish:

oh yeah, she told me today that her back brakes are locked on solid to:D

mk2 172

jealously will get you nowhere weight, what do i need to lie for, iv got a williams satin my garage that would cane my saxo, i didnt get the saxo to replace it as a fast car, it was just a nippy runaround. thats two that have bit the dust. but i just make it up for the laff.

craggy

mk2 172

okey dokey, i went all defensive then:D, anyways the real test is at the weekend when i get pannaed by paddys 172

craggy

if so I might be up for it if I can get some new tyres in time, mine are shot, if i drop to 2nd and floor it i get wheel spin at the minute.

mk2 172

yes mat were trying to get one together, look in the meetings section mate, wanna get some decent shots of all the cars, come along!

mk2 172

anyways before theres a valver owner uproar, ill just say that a valver is not faster, i understand all the varying power things and driver. put it this way against a good standard valver i doubt id get beat having raced two.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Craggy

Why dont you see if you can get a drive with one of the Formula 1 racing teams? I think you are in the wrong job!

;)

320d M Sport

doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed,doomed, doomed, doomed. AT LAST The mighty Cragg will be beaten at weekend (we he better be or Ill flogg me car!!!)

Paddy

mk2 172

lol, youve got 30 bhp or more at the wheels than iv got at the engine!, so i know il be well hammered, anyways it is 2.0 vs 1.6. so all i can do is my best. at least well have some fun vids, which is what makes it all worth while for the laff watching it afterwards:D

craggy

dont think so mate

i raced a 106gti when mine was std ( i mean nothing done at all) and i can def say a std valver can take one, i would def admit that speeds below 70 it really really is level but after that the valver slowly pulls past. but ain t you got a 130 bhp one!!!!i raced one from lights all the way too 120 and i started to edge past aafter 85

well my bro getting a new 106 gti and ill let you know how it does agianst two of my mates valver that are all std. were gonna goang up on it althoguh i dont hate 106s as much as i hate saxos lol

wongy

mk2 172

well mate, iv got two scalps under my belt now, like i said, one wouldnt beat me, never said i would defo win to be a gent:), but seriously, i could home in on him after id let off the throttle and re-floored it. just wanna come up against a fast one. this weekend i will be racing adam munns old one with 160 bhp, and now on 15s, now THAT should be a bit more daunting. im dying to take on a standard one off here to put this to bed, all the way to 120 or summat. i cant see how the vts only packs 120 tbh, i homed in on that golf earlier with a passenger. someone come this weekend in a standard no-excuses for this and that not running right, or big wheels valver to have a race. not bothered if i get beat cos originally i thought i would loose after 60 anyway, but i was pleasantly surprised this wasnt the case.

craggy

mk2 172

oh yeah, its adams_2k off here who has adams old one, so he will tell it like it is, i raced that in the williams and it was quick so i doubt ill keep up in the saxo.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Ill have to have a few runs on the donny roads before hand. I hate driving when im not sure what to expect ahead.

Looking forward to it. Hope ill be able to make one this weekend!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Ill have to have a few runs on the donny roads before hand. I hate driving fast when im not sure what to expect ahead.

Looking forward to it though. Not really had the chance to race many. No one ever seems to be up for it round my area!

craggy, would be interestin if u can race an older vts, as my mates got a r reg one and leave it for dead!

mk2 172

me too mate, i wanna race everything to be honest, guess to some extent it depends whos driving too, but im in a mood for racing every 16v out there at the minute. need a standard one on film

craggy

ill be blunt here. like u said a lot of the time its comes down to driver, ie which driver is prepared to go that little bit extra to win,

if mine were std ill race ya but its pointless anyway as my bottle goes long before me car does, cant afford to stack my car and after spinning it im driving like miss daisy in the wet,

anyway 106 gti/vts/ 16v whatever it is just drive them for what they are. hot hatches made to chuck about and embariss bigger more expensive cars,were talking about 1 car lengths difference whenever a race out come is mentioned and thats piss all difference really. prob a tenths or two.

lots of posts have been posted about these three hatches and results go in favour for all three cars

one car does spring to mind thta im sure will beat your vts, its aaronc valver. its suprisingly quick for a bog std valver.

ben green gives about extra 5 bhp but its the lower drag coeficient of green paint that makes all the difference

wongy

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Craggy

As Wongy says ill have a good go at your saxo. So far i have beaten an organised race with a std 106 gti and been sorta level with a chipped one too all captured on dash board video and sh*t loads of other races such as Renualt spyder, Golf GTi Mk2 8 valve and 16 valve, 325i BMW, williams (which incdently didnt pass me untill 90mph and YES he was caining it), VTs and VTr.

I have raced many 16vs over the 4 years of ownership and beaten each one fair and square.

Ide be happy to challenge your vts to a grand prix fight out.......

Bring it on........

aaronc

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

............i was just playing with you ben....haha;)

(just realised how dodgy that sounds....)

mk2 172

iv raced to now and beaten them mate, its such a shame your way down there, i really wanna take on the fastest standardish valver. im gonna race craig hopefully at the weekend who has a modified one that really does fly, has racked up a 15.3 1/4 mile, which is as good as the valver gets, so if i dont get beat too much them im sure id take out, or keep up with any standard one. as i keep saying i was chuffed at the results as i couldnt see a vts winning, smaller engine, less power, less torque, very very similay weight, but having raced two im confident i wouldnt fall behind to a 100, which is what really counts

craggy