ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just renewed insurance

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Last year was £1089 in my mums name and me as a named driver. on a 1.2 8 valve mk1 ph3, I declared my alloys, exhausts and spoiler!

This year with the same company with 1 years ncb, it is £791

Still expensive as fook imo

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 09 February 2005

Last year was £1089 in my mums name and me as a named driver. on a 1.2 8 valve mk1 ph3, I declared my alloys, exhausts and spoiler!

This year with the same company with 1 years ncb, it is £791

Still expensive as fook imo
Not really the best thing to do either!!

Try insuring it in your name, then complain about how expensive it is!

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Last year in my name cheapest quote, £2300

Enough said^^

Car only cost me f**kin 2 grand!

if you come to claim and they realise you are the main user of the car then youll get f**ked up the ass royaly. Get your own cover, its expensive the 1st couple of years but will work out cheaper in the long run and you wont have the insurance company voiding your policy in the event of a claim.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I pay less than that on my own with 5 points and a claim.

Insuring in your parents name is stupid, if you cant afford your own insurance (one way or another), then you cant afford the car.

Did you try a lot of companies?

Remember, that if you do get found out, you are essentially driving without insurance, and can face a fine and up to 9 points (iirc). Not worth the hsassle IMO.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

so...your point, young drivers are seen as a liability, hence high premiums!

The joys of paying 300 a yr all mods in! ahhhhh...Reclines chair.