ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just S M O K E D an Elise.......twice!

320d M Sport

Well yesterday!
Both times was from 35ish up to about 110. I was pulling away but not by a lot, I thought Id get wasted???
Needless to say, no-one believes me.....

Paddy

CTR EK9 turbo

Good work my lad. Ive also toasted an elise or two in the past. They are only 1.8s, built for handling tho....

320d M Sport

Surely he would have had me from the line??? Both times i floored it from about 30 and he got roasted!!

CTR EK9 turbo

I raced one off the line, he got away first about a car length, but as soon as my higher revs approached and when i snatched 2nd gear i slowly edged past. Needless to say the owner of the elise was not impressed!

320d M Sport

Alright guys!!
Yeah, pretty damned chuffed with that, good to hear that some of you have caned these as well, you know, just in case it was a crappy elise driver or summat!!!
-By the way he started it!!!!! He soon felt the 172 power.
ra-hahahrrgrgghhhhhh!!!

Paddy

mate, your 60 odd bhp exrta does help dont it!!!!

but bring on a corner, and an elise will outdo most cars easy peasy. But good on ya....elises rule!

The Elise driver must have been pants, as it will beat most things up to 60. Over that, (with an Elise under 150 bhpish) the Clio will come past, due to higher power and better drag.

The Elise is so light and easy to get off the line that I can not see this happening unless he/she was not up for it.

Ill show you if you want!!

the elise is such a wonderful car, but it does tend to push if your not on the case.

still, its my choice if i had the money, well after the original elan.

320d M Sport

Well thats what i said???
From 0-60 I would have got roasted, fact is we both booted it from 35ish, and I know he was trying, right up to 110plus.

Paddy