ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just sold my 172 :-)

Ph2 172
Just sold my 172 this afternoon. A little less than I wanted but it really was the worst car I've ever owned.

I'm so happy now it has gone :D:D:D:D

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
U either get a good 1 or a bad 1!! Ive had 1 good 1 and 2 bad 1's just bought my 4th hoping its a good'un!!

Family Bus
FPMSL

Gazowned.

BCW...do one.

Tis true, some are perfect, some are friday afternoon tea break car's....nightmare!

clio mk2
Just sold my 172 this afternoon. A little less than I wanted but it really was the worst car I've ever owned.

I'm so happy now it has gone :D:D:D:D

really fancied a 172, but after reading this thread...

what probs did you have? whats the main things to look for?

Ph2 172
you go on any car forum though and find they all have problems

Very true, although some cars have more problems than others!

I spent about £1000 in 6 months on it and it needed more work to make it 100%. I just had to admit defeat and cut my losses. The buyer was told all that was wrong with the car so they went into it with open eyes.

It had it's good points like go-kart handling and good MPG. Unfortunately the bad points out-weighed the good!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
i think gaz is a legend tbh i dont think he means to be blunt lol

FPMSL

Gazowned.

BCW...do one.

Tis true, some are perfect, some are friday afternoon tea break car's....nightmare!
LOL.. Hi x x

Its so true tho, Never realised how good my cup was till i got my next 172, Then i got the Ph1 which was good while it lasted, Got a Type_rdrivers cup to pick up soon!

Think the problem i have is i tried to drive the others as hard as the cup and they simply couldnt take it!

Cups FTW!

Btw, my 1st cup was a dog and i paid £6488 for it 2 years ago but turned it around with a £2k cash injection!! Was perfect after that!

106 GTI
Very true, although some cars have more problems than others!

I spent about £1000 in 6 months on it and it needed more work to make it 100%. I just had to admit defeat and cut my losses. The buyer was told all that was wrong with the car so they went into it with open eyes.

It had it's good points like go-kart handling and good MPG. Unfortunately the bad points out-weighed the good!

I think alot of people do this also, spend loads getting it right and just as its near completion cant bare to spend anymore... ideal car to buy then

182 FF Inferno
Not after I've spent so much on it! needed a cam aux kit doing and 2 rear tyres to make good. Just couldn't bare to spend anymore. Would rather cut my losses.

Well cam and aux is general servicing and should've been factored in when you got the car, and tyres is just wear and tear.

If you're moaning about spending out on tyres for a 172, good luck with the Evo/ S2K!!

fiesta 1.25
U either get a good 1 or a bad 1!! Ive had 1 good 1 and 2 bad 1's just bought my 4th hoping its a good'un!!

This is definitly true i know a few people that have had nothing but problems whereas my old clio was perfect started first time everytime and never needed much doing to it,probably the best car ill every own.Im scared of buying a 172 now incase it isnt as reliable.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Not after I've spent so much on it! needed a cam aux kit doing and 2 rear tyres to make good. Just couldn't bare to spend anymore. Would rather cut my losses.

Are you for real? Your deeming the car as troublesome because of that? Aux and cam are routine servicing...yes its expensive to do on the 172's but its only every 5 yrs. As for tyres....all cars need tyres.

Mountune Tractor
Are you for real? Your deeming the car as troublesome because of that? Aux and cam are routine servicing...yes its expensive to do on the 172's but its only every 5 yrs. As for tyres....all cars need tyres.

+1,000,000

The OP is complaining about changing tyres and servicing yet wants to swap for an EVO.
Oh dear.
The new owner probably got a great car there.

RS 172

So you are buying an Evo?

Having had 2.... Good luck! your Cambelt and Aux will look rather cheap compared to keeping the evo going!

Ph2 172
So you are buying an Evo?

Having had 2.... Good luck! your Cambelt and Aux will look rather cheap compared to keeping the evo going!

I know! Having owned a Scooby!

RE the previous 2 posts to yours - It wasn't just the Cam and Aux and tyres. It was poorly put together, rattles and squeeks everywhere. ABS light was coming on and off on it's own accord. It really wasn't that fast. There was a whole list of things that I didn't like about it!